'20 vs '21

RebelDevil670

Mar 26, 2021
Athens, GA
Hello from the stormy southeast.. I'm new to this group,, and currently looking to purchase an AT. My question is this: aside from color scheme, and the addition of the Android Autoplay, is there any difference between the 2020 models to the 2021 models? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Welcome aboard!

New color choices are the only real changes, a 2020 on a showroom will have a nice discount! ;)

Stay safe and hopefully, the weather will calm down soon.

Reactions: RebelDevil670

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
I had the same question.
I have a 2020 DCT model.
About the only thing I read somewhere was about a refinement to the transmission, 2020 vs. 2021 years.
When the engine is cold , I shift the bike into gear and press once again to select the S1 mode.
Additionally, I select manual shifting to shift from 1st to 2nd etc.,
My reason for this is it makes for smoother shifts when the bike is cold
as opposed to using it in automatic when cold.
Cold engine + automatic mode = rough clunky shifts.
Any one else can comment??
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
I have a 2020 DCT model.
About the only thing I read somewhere was about a refinement to the transmission, 2020 vs. 2021 years.
When the engine is cold , I shift the bike into gear and press once again to select the S1 mode.
Additionally, I select manual shifting to shift from 1st to 2nd etc.,
My reason for this is it makes for smoother shifts when the bike is cold
as opposed to using it in automatic when cold.
Cold engine + automatic mode = rough clunky shifts.
Any one else can comment??
SHUMBA

And, hopefully Honda will identify and correct this anomaly.
SHUMBA

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu