• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2020!

2018 Africa Twin Rally version New Video

318Photo

Jan 16, 2018
Lenoir North Carolina
Here is a NEW video i found tonight. It is from a dealer somewhere overseas ENJOY

1) looks like it still has the 2 piece seat which some videos showed a 1 piece seat on rally version.
2) There are 2 screws on the right and left of windshield that some videos have little clear wind deflectors mounted to them factory.
3) Some videos show little fog lights mounted to crash bar also
Just glad to see some new viewing material getting posted to look at haha .Done seen like every video out there on the rally version

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Thanks for posting this.

Here is a NEW video i found tonight. It is from a dealer somewhere overseas ENJOY

1) looks like it still has the 2 piece seat which some videos showed a 1 piece seat on rally version.
2) There are 2 screws on the right and left of windshield that some videos have little clear wind deflectors mounted to them factory.
3) Some videos show little fog lights mounted to crash bar also
Just glad to see some new viewing material getting posted to look at haha .Done seen like every video out there on the rally version

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Very beautiful machine.

318Photo

Jan 16, 2018
Lenoir North Carolina
I called several local and big dealers in the south east and they are in the dark or was anyway about arrival date. I was told by one sales manager that does all the ordering and was told that they were not on the list from Honda to place an order for yet.I am going to call them about once a month to see if they now any thing as SOON as i find out something will post. BTW we are getting a new honda dealership in town close that is suppose to open end of march they are going to sell everything Honda makes but cars and jets.hopefully they will stock them first since being a new dealer haha wishful thinking right

dascooter

May 27, 2017
Chesterfield, MO
My dealer called me today. They can order them in April for a June delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Still waiting for my dealer in St. Louis to share such news. He told me yesterday their Honda Rep still did not have a date yet but expected to know something soon. I am still planning on ordering the "regular" version. Don't really need capabilities of the Adventure Sport and do not want the extra height or weight let alone cost. He originally thought I might be able to order and take delivery on that model a bit sooner. Fingers crossed as I can't wait until June!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Incredible. Thanks for sharing these videos and keep them coming! Seems like there are tons of riders interested in the 2018 Africa Twin model and especially the Adventure Sports model.

Reactions: kristofh

dascooter

May 27, 2017
Chesterfield, MO
Man, I am really torn. Been waiting on the 2018s before ordering my Africa Twin. Was leaning towards the standard model. Mainly concerned about the seat height on the Adventure Sport. But the more I watch these videos and read the reviews, the more I lean the other way. Great to have choices, or at least hopefully it will be once they accept orders in the US.

Reactions: Admin

Davy F

Jul 28, 2015
Northern Ireland
Well after visiting two m/c shows and now seeing the new model in my dealers showroom and spending so much time pouring over it, under it etc etc, I’ve decided I’m happy enough with my own AT. I know I can swop over almost everything that I’ve put on my bike, I just don’t see the point as in reality all I’m practically gaining is more range with the larger tank and where I am able to ride my bike, that’s not a major consideration.

Reactions: Shedracer

Shedracer

Feb 9, 2018
UK
One of the many conversations I’ve had, with various people concerning DCT, many thought it would be nice, if it had an auto blip function on the down change, maybe in sport mode. Well it seems Honda have answered our wish, as it appears this is part of the DCT update.

tyson101

Feb 5, 2018
Hervey bay Queensland
Man, I am really torn. Been waiting on the 2018s before ordering my Africa Twin. Was leaning towards the standard model. Mainly concerned about the seat height on the Adventure Sport. But the more I watch these videos and read the reviews, the more I lean the other way. Great to have choices, or at least hopefully it will be once they accept orders in the US.
I have the 2017 version with DCT. , it's brilliant , I've always had Manuel bikes , auto's were never a choice but this DCT model you can ride in manual using the little paddles works perfect when u come to those tight corners and need to change down a couple of gears. ..it's instantaneous .. love this bike.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu