2018 Africa Twin Rally version New Video

318Photo

Jan 16, 2018
Lenoir North Carolina
Wonder why all the videos of the released versions overseas I have seen videos and photos Do not show these 2 wind deflectors like in this pic Hmmmm Honda have a change of heart of these
2018-honda-crf1000l2-africa-twin-sports-preview-5.jpg

Shedracer

Feb 9, 2018
UK
318photo, I’ll let you know, I’ve just added these to my order, as they are now avialble on the Honda uk dealer order list.

Reactions: Hovis

Davy F

Jul 28, 2015
Northern Ireland
Wonder why all the videos of the released versions overseas I have seen videos and photos Do not show these 2 wind deflectors like in this pic Hmmmm Honda have a change of heart
Generally Honda only send the test bikes out as standard, sans farkles. Nothing to concern yourself about.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Does anybody know about any changes to the air filter access?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
@xoliver The 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports should be making their way to Spain soon. Last time I checked it prices were €12,599 for the manual and €13,549 for the DCT. The video @Corki posted also has the same price.

kristofh

Feb 8, 2016
Belgium
@xoliver The 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports should be making their way to Spain soon. Last time I checked it prices were €12,599 for the manual and €13,549 for the DCT. The video @Corki posted also has the same price.
Went to the dealer today.
Adventure sport, TC, abs, Manual; 14500€.
It's a very high bike, and very, very beautiful!
But, i'm keeping my 2016 AT...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015

kveldulv

Mar 19, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Does anybody know about any changes to the air filter access?
I'm dying to know this as well! Those panels on either side of the tank on the Adventure Sport look like they are removable (with the three screws on them) compared to the standard model which lacks the screws. I'm hoping this is a window into the redesigned airbox.

kveldulv

Mar 19, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, simple access would've just been 'icing on the cake'.

Dust in the aussie outback can be brutal. I have to service daily on my current ride (a KTM; but fortunately with easy access) and at the end of a hard day's ride in that heat, I'm looking for maintenance to be as quick and easy as possible.

Was really hoping it was something they'd considered - especially for a model being touted for its off-road capability and long-distance touring. I guess I'll just have to research and see if it's something I can live with.

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Rider
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Stunting on Africa Twin Adventure Sports. Love how the guy makes it all look so easy... haha.

318Photo

Jan 16, 2018
Lenoir North Carolina
Well finally got it last Wednesday rode it 100 miles first night and 100 Thursday .Had a class for work so no weekend ride. But did get it out this evening but rain everywhere around so put it back in the garage.
Bike fits me pretty good not to tall with me being 6 foot tall.The only issue about it is learning how to get back on with the panners installed but think i got that part figured out now it is the first bike i have had with them HaHa. Bike is very smooth on the road with the stock tires. The riding modes are something new to me also but will get them figured. bike is fantastic to me but Iam a green horn when it comes to Adventure bikes been riding a XR650l the last couple of years so it is different for sure. Very Very Happy so far just different style of bike for me. They honda shop has a DCT version on the floor for sale here in North Carolina. They are a powerhouse dealer and just opened up like 3 months ago Carolina Honda in Granite Falls NC. They treated me RIGHT on price so if in the market and close look them up. nothing aftermarket but a Ram mount phone holder and the wind deflectors that I ordered from Rugged roads in UK last month.2018 ATAS.JPG

Reactions: DELLA

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu