• Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all riders and readers! Thank you for being a part of the online community and big thanks to @Graves for his effort on this forum. -africatwin.org team

2019 Honda Africa Twin Updates

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Wanted to start a new thread and discuss the 2019 Honda Africa Twin. Honda has a new color scheme for base and adventure sports model.

From a user on instagram @attapirati
A5FA8909-07A3-446E-81CB-8654A5CD7485.jpeg

Blue with red and white accent for the base and behind it is the Adventure Sports model with a gray/silver theme.
69C3B1DE-88ED-483E-8A5D-2AC968FA5ACD.jpeg
Credit: @portowheels on instagram

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
Is it me or does that Adventure Sport look like its actually made in black and white? ... not just a black and white bike but like it was actually made before colour tvs... built with black and white pixels ....... real bike or "artists impression of"?

... big question is .... have they fixed the broken headlights yet? ;)

Last edited:

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Gold rims.

What's wrong with the headlights?

Is it me or does that Adventure Sports look like its actually made in black and white? ... not just a black and white bike but like it was actually made before colour tvs... built with black and white pixels ....... real bike or "artists impression of"?

... big question is .... have they fixed the broken headlights yet? ;)

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
Nothing until you turn them on (look good off) - then they just look broken to me - ugly!

I'll always be looking for a way to upgrade / change / fix the lights to make them look "designed" rather than broke when on.

... at least put them one above the other if they arent going to go on together Honda :rolleyes:

But if that turns out to be my only complaint (other than price) I'll be happy - can't see it while I'm on it :D

Last edited:
If you want them both on you can get a controller for the high beam.
I like the halo around the second beam in regular use. It looks different.

Skene IQ-270 High Beam Controller

Nothing until you turn them on (look good off) - then they just look broken to me - ugly!

I'll always be looking for a way to upgrade / change / fix the lights to make them look "designed" rather than broke when on.

... at least put them one above the other if they arent going to go on together Honda :rolleyes:

But if that turns out to be my only complaint (other than price) I'll be happy - can't see it while I'm on it :D

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
oooo never seen such a thing - cheers for the Skene tip.

Always a bit dubious about tweaking a bikes electrical systems... he he.. this will test how much I really don't like it :eek:

The installation looks pretty straightforward and deals with the cyclopean headlight issue you mentioned.
Please share if you do end up putting it on your bike. I considered it for more conspicuity but then decided I can live with the OEM look and my two Denali D4s blazing the trail. :)

oooo never seen such a thing - cheers for the Skene tip.

Always a bit dubious about tweaking a bikes electrical systems... he he.. this will test how much I really don't like it :eek:

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu