• Wishing everyone a happy new year! May 2019 bring you tons of happiness and riding time.

2019 New Panniers from Honda

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Was watching a video on the 2019 Africa Twin at EICMA 2018 and noticed Honda equipped their 2019 Africa Twins with what looks like new panniers.
60581F1D-2785-4518-99BA-4758889FEC32.jpeg
Did some research and found out they are Touratech Zega Pro 2 rebranded for Honda.

53194192-108A-4162-8523-647EC066F1D5.jpeg
Pretty cool panniers. Let’s see if these hit the market.

May 6, 2018
Idaho
My riding buddy got a new set of the Tour techs, first trip to the gas station with the cases on he side swiped the pump post. Big crease on the left case. Poor guy, I thought he was going to cry!

May 6, 2018
Idaho
Soft bags... I say SOFT BAGS!!!
I opted for the 40liter Pelicans, I dropped my bike in the gravel parking lot the same day by not having the kick stand all the way forward that same day. Just a few scratches on the hand guard as did the pelican case. I think I like the plastic versus the shiny aluminum.......(a lot cheaper to replace as well)

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I have hard panniers and love them for commuting, they make picking up groceries and running errand super easy. But they stink when you drop the bike on a trail.

For Christmas I'm looking to add a setup of soft bags to my AT

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

May 6, 2018
Idaho
I have hard panniers and love them for commuting, they make picking up groceries and running errand super easy. But they stink when you drop the bike on a trail.

Yeah, first bike I've had panniers on, it is nice to tuck stuff away out of the elements.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
5 Or 6 drops on the soft bags, some with some speed, and the SW Motech Dakar bags still look new... no dents, no broken hinges, no smashed corner caps. My buddy just binned his high dollar KTM hard cases, there was nothing left of them.

Squily

Feb 23, 2016
Esperance Western Australia
5 Or 6 drops on the soft bags, some with some speed, and the SW Motech Dakar bags still look new... no dents, no broken hinges, no smashed corner caps. My buddy just binned his high dollar KTM hard cases, there was nothing left of them.
I've had same set of home made panniers for almost 20 years now. Countless drops and falls (inclufing at speed), and never replaced anything on them (except the corner pieces where they scraped through from cornering in the passes :rolleyes:).

I don't think its about hard or soft as much as it is about quality. Unfortunately many top-brands now produce 'good looking' luggage which is not necessarily the same as sturdy and good quality.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Agreed. They don’t make things like they used to... wait... what? Are we showing our age here? We’re starting to sound like our parents.

I've had same set of home made panniers for almost 20 years now. Countless drops and falls (inclufing at speed), and never replaced anything on them (except the corner pieces where they scraped through from cornering in the passes :rolleyes:).

I don't think its about hard or soft as much as it is about quality. Unfortunately many top-brands now produce 'good looking' luggage which is not necessarily the same as sturdy and good quality.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu