• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2020!

AFRICATWIN.ORG will be at the 2017 Long Beach Motorcycle show.

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Rider
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hi guys and gals,

First off, wanted to express our sincere appreciation towards you for being apart of this great forum. We're not a corporate run forum, don't run ads and work hard at providing the community with fresh content. Please help spread the word and keep posting!

We will possibly be at EICMA 2017 this year but that is still tentative but are a definite go for the 2017 Long Beach Motorcycle show. What would you like us to cover? I know we're a Honda Africa Twin forum but lets face it, we love all motorcycles. We'll definitely cover the 2018 Honda Africa Twin, Yamaha T7 (if it's available), KTMs and gear.

Tell us what you'd like to see and we'll do our best to make it happen. Thanks again! Ride safe.

SoCalEddie

dascooter

May 27, 2017
Chesterfield, MO
I am most interested in the 2018 AT. With BMW and Yamaha coming out with new models hoping Honda adds a few updates making my decision to wait for the 2018 a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cuchulainn

Gold Rider
Aug 10, 2017
Denver, CO
www.rmmrc.org
I will be curious if Sena has the 30K mesh intercom system ready for the show. If so, I would be interested in some coverage of that, since I will likely upgrade from our 20s units :)

Cuchulainn

Gold Rider
Aug 10, 2017
Denver, CO
www.rmmrc.org
Noted @Cuchulainn. Will scope out Sena if they are there this year.
Thanks! I saw their name among the sponsor list, so assuming they will be. The 30K has been “coming soon” for quite a while now. I think longer that “soon” would imply :)

My wife and I have been using them for a couple generations now over the past 8 years or so. Looking forward to some info and maybe hands on of the 30K :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: SoCalEddie

SeaEngine

Jul 17, 2017
San Diego
@SoCalEddie Would you guys mind checking out Klim riding gear? In the market for a new adventure/enduro type of jacket and on the fence about it because I don't want to look like a storm trooper. Haha.

Cuchulainn

Gold Rider
Aug 10, 2017
Denver, CO
www.rmmrc.org
Some (my Triumph riding buddies) say mine is the Darth Vader kit since it is the orange/black KTM co-branded Klim Badlands.

It was a great deal though at the low low cost of free for the jacket, pants and gloves as part of a purchase promotion KTM was doing in 2014.

Kind of like the new Honda Africa Twin stuff that Klim is now doing, except I believe the Africa Twin stuff is Latitude rather than Badlands and Honda isn’t giving it away free :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: SoCalEddie

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
We're getting ready for the Long Beach International Progressive Motorcycle show this weekened. We'll be there all day Friday and Saturday. Let us know if you're planning on attending. We'll buy you a beer and have some decals to give away.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
@Corki Yes! We have a couple photographers that will be snapping away. Let us know if you have any requests on what you'd like to see and we'll try to get it for you.

dascooter

May 27, 2017
Chesterfield, MO
Have seen most of the 2018 details by now. But your impressions based on you actually seeing the 2 models would be appreciated. Maybe you can find out when Honda will accept orders and begin deliveries in the US. Mainly interested in the standard model.

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
@dascooter Excellent points. We'll keep that in mind as we're asking questions with the Honda Press folks. Will keep everyone updated.

Reactions: dascooter

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu