• Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all riders and readers! Thank you for being a part of the online community and big thanks to @Graves for his effort on this forum. -africatwin.org team

AT screen brace

Davy F

Jul 28, 2015
Northern Ireland
There’s been a few instances of the screen mount breaking on some owners AT’s, usually caused by the fitment of a GPS unit and then Hondas refusal to authorise a warranty replacement. A few companies have developed a solution to this potential problem by designing a screen brace to support the oe mount. The ones I’ve seen are quite expensive, plus the extra expense of import taxes and shipping to me.

So I was happy to find another vendor offering what seems to me a simpler, more elegant and unobtrusive solution, and a whole lot cheaper to boot made by Vlad in Romania.

This brace simply uses two existing holes in the front subframe below the clocks and then utilises what would be the middle holes for the screen (yes, there’s actually six holes in the screen mount). Hope this makes sense when you look at the pictures.

What I really like about this brace is that you don’t really notice it....it looks virtually oe. It appears very well made with nice touches like the nut covers and the finish matching the rest of the bike. It doesn’t touch the clocks and stiffens up the screen mount significantly. The GPS will be a lot more stable than it used to be and no more worries of a broken screen mount.

42BA6336-D775-4F5D-BF2F-F7948EAAED18.jpeg 9495DF92-ECAB-4D02-AEA9-046A03123E67.jpeg BE55FE63-FCE3-45C4-B447-CB48BB2C4EA8.jpeg 1822F426-959D-4BA3-8224-D531912BC6FC.jpeg

Davy F

Jul 28, 2015
Northern Ireland
I’ve just looked at the Camel version in a video. It seems overly complicated and looks like you have to use their bar to mount the GPS. Still, it looks like a sturdy affair.
Oh, and it was quite funny watching him struggle and drop several bolts while trying to get them into the bottom holes. Bent needle nose pliers made my efforts sooo much easier. :D

Cuchulainn

africatwin.org gold
Aug 10, 2017
Denver, CO
www.rmmrc.org
Yeah, I watched his video. Obviously fat fingers aren't the best tool :)

I wonder what Vlad's price to the USA would be shipped? The Camel Brace is currently on sale for $79 with $16 shipping for a total of $95.

I will email Vlad and see what he says :)

jbird710

Mar 7, 2018
League City, Texas
A note on Camel's site says they are out of stock and expect more in April first. They are giving a discount if you pre-order. Wish I would have seen this one before I ordered the Camel.

Cuchulainn

africatwin.org gold
Aug 10, 2017
Denver, CO
www.rmmrc.org
I ordered 2 at that discount. 1 for my wife's bike and one for my own. Not sure what is up with Vlad on that other bracket, but he still hasn't responded to my email of the 12th. Perhaps shipping to the US is just something he doesn't want to do.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Received shipment info yesterday, supposed to be here 04/12.

I ordered 2 at that discount. 1 for my wife's bike and one for my own. Not sure what is up with Vlad on that other bracket, but he still hasn't responded to my email of the 12th. Perhaps shipping to the US is just something he doesn't want to do.

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Sadly (or luckily if the deliver driver looks like the above!) I'll be out of town, so won't be able to get the package until the following Monday.

Well not too sad, I'll in Arkansas riding some Ozark fire roads and twisties!

Cuchulainn

africatwin.org gold
Aug 10, 2017
Denver, CO
www.rmmrc.org
Sadly (or luckily if the deliver driver looks like the above!) I'll be out of town, so won't be able to get the package until the following Monday.

Well not too sad, I'll in Arkansas riding some Ozark fire roads and twisties!
Nice!! Sara and I did a trip there in October. Great area! If you stop into the Oark Cafe, remind them that they were talking about opening a location in Colorado :)

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Always hit the Oark!

Have you tried the Low Gap Cafe...seriously good food. Ran by an actual school trained chef. Not your usual Midwestern fare.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu