• Wishing everyone a happy new year! May 2019 bring you tons of happiness and riding time.

ATAS Luggage Rack Rusting

Kurtsam

Sep 16, 2018
Anyone with an Adventure Sports notice their luggage racks rusting around the welds? I’ll post a picture of mine later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes mine did the same and honda replaced it under 45 day cosmetic warrenty. The new one has not had the sasme issue. If your 45 day cosmetic warrenty hss run out then you can try some metal polish and coat it with a protective film of some kind. May I ask do you have the manual or automatic? I have the manual with 1600 miles and hear a whine at 50 mph when i let off the throttle. I dont know if it was always there or if it just started. I would like to know if you have the same issue. One more thing im not liking is when i washed it water got behind the screen. It dryed out but you think they would mske yhast air tight. Other then that im loving the bike and wouldnt trade it for anything. Ive had lots of compliments on it too.

Shanfara

Jan 13, 2019
Texas
I have the whine on the manual and it has always been there. My 2017 rebel 500 had the same sound as does my friends VFR.

It's a Honda thing and not a problem. Some sort of belt whine.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Shanfara

Jan 13, 2019
Texas
Anyone with an Adventure Sports notice their luggage racks rusting around the welds? I’ll post a picture of mine later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just noticed rust on the exhaust side welds this morning. I'm sure a little bit of elbow grease will fix it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
@SharbshooterB I have the same issue with my 2018 Adventure Sports. I had the guys at the dealership take a look and looks like they buffed it out. I also applied T9 Boeshield when I got it back from the dealer and hopefully it works. Didn't know about the 45 day cosmetic warranty and will keep an eye on it.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu