Braaap from the Bay Area!

zachleedogg

Jan 2, 2019
San Francisco
Hello fellow AT owners!

I am a native San Franciscan and have been riding motorcycles for the past 15 years.

I just sold my trusty XR650R, which I used to ride alongside all my adventure bike friends, and have purchased a used 2017 Honda Africa Twin. I bought it with 30k miles from an Eagle Rider Rental shop for $7k. Complete with hard cases! A few scratches here and there, but it doesn't look like anyone ever did much serious off-roading with this bike.

I did find a small oil leak that is coming from the Left Hand Case from the rubber grommet that passes through the stator plate wires. I already ordered a new gasket and some black RTV for the grommet.

Also on my list are the essentials: Heated Grips, Phone mount, Dual USB adapter.

Looking forward to chatting with you blokes about your experiences, mods, and general shenanigans.

Here is a pic of my dumb mug moments after purchasing my very first Adventure Bike:
image.jpg

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Welcome to the group.

The oil leak is not all that uncommon, mine leaked there, easy fix.

Hello fellow AT owners!

I am a native San Franciscan and have been riding motorcycles for the past 15 years.

Welcome to the group.

The oil leak is not really all that uncommon, mine leaked there, easy fix.

I just sold my trusty XR650R, which I used to ride alongside all my adventure bike friends, and have purchased a used 2017 Honda Africa Twin. I bought it with 30k miles from an Eagle Rider Rental shop for $7k. Complete with hard cases! A few scratches here and there, but it doesn't look like anyone ever did much serious off-roading with this bike.

I did find a small oil leak that is coming from the Left Hand Case from the rubber grommet that passes through the stator plate wires. I already ordered a new gasket and some black RTV for the grommet.

Also on my list are the essentials: Heated Grips, Phone mount, Dual USB adapter.

Looking forward to chatting with you blokes about your experiences, mods, and general shenanigans.

Here is a pic of my dumb mug moments after purchasing my very first Adventure Bike:
View attachment 1798

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
@zachleedogg Welcome to africatwin.org! Happy to have you and looking good! Keep us updated on your journeys. We're based in Los Angeles but there are riders here from all over California and the world.

DRandAT

Dec 26, 2017
Petaluma
Hi

Welcome to the group. I am out of Petaluma ........been a little wet and cold as of late but let me know if you want to do Highway 1 one of these dry weekends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu