FOR SALE Buying New AT

Rroot82

Apr 15, 2019
Utah
So like the title states, I am going to be buying a 2020 ATAS ES DCT. I currently have a 2017 DCT that I will be trading in. I am thinking of taking off all the extras I added along the way, and see if there is any interest in the parts. Think it will matter much? or should I leave it the way it is. I still have the stock exhaust etc. and who knows, maybe the slip on will work on the 2020...

I am in Utah, and for the most part, local pickup would be ideal, especially for the crash bars.

Heed Bunker dct crash bars.
Remus carbon fiber slip on.
Camel ADV Windscreen brace.
Camel Toe sidestand.
Outback Motortek luggage rack.

I'm honestly not sure what a good price on these would be, and I'm open to reasonable offers.

Rroot82

Apr 15, 2019
Utah
i'm sure you would for a nearly 700$ exhaust lol. Just sent off an email to Remus asking about possible compatibility on the 2020. If not, it sounds like its getting traded in on the bike. unlike some dealers, we do a lot of business with them and they told me the exhaust will add some value to my trade.

DougMacPherson

Nov 1, 2019
California
So like the title states, I am going to be buying a 2020 ATAS ES DCT. I currently have a 2017 DCT that I will be trading in. I am thinking of taking off all the extras I added along the way, and see if there is any interest in the parts. Think it will matter much? or should I leave it the way it is. I still have the stock exhaust etc. and who knows, maybe the slip on will work on the 2020...

I am in Utah, and for the most part, local pickup would be ideal, especially for the crash bars.

Heed Bunker dct crash bars.
Remus carbon fiber slip on.
Camel ADV Windscreen brace.
Camel Toe sidestand.
Outback Motortek luggage rack.

I'm honestly not sure what a good price on these would be, and I'm open to reasonable offers.
Leave it all on unless you have a firm commitment from someone at a price you can live with. Wait until the new bike comes in if you can and see if you want to transfer any of the stuff over.

Dosnuttays

Dec 10, 2019
Clemson, SC
$350 for the exhaust shipped to Clemson, SC?
I really hate that I just now saw this as I just bought those same crash bars, luggage rack and windscreen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rroot82

Apr 15, 2019
Utah
Unfortunately, it all went with the bike. helped with the value on trade. I was 2 bikes upside down into the 2017.
But, with the money I put down and the trade, I actually owe less on the new bike than I did on the old one. Probably the first time I have ever been in the positive on a new vehicle.

I really liked the crash bars, and had I been able to, I would have ordered them for the new one. But, due to covid-19 they aren't shipping anything out of Poland, or at least they weren't when i was looking. I ended up with the Hepco and Becker setup, and I'm not really impressed. they have a bit of flex in them. Not as much as the OEM Honda "Light Bar", but the Heed bars were damn solid.

The lowers are pretty solid too, but I feel if the bike went over, the amount of flex in the upper could push the bars into the fairing and the bars would cause damage to the bike. Who knows, the lowers may take the brunt, and the uppers may not flex as much as I fear they would.

Might still end up ordering them and replace the ones I got.

Last edited:

Blaksled

Feb 7, 2017
Canada
Unfortunately, it all went with the bike. helped with the value on trade. I was 2 bikes upside down into the 2017.
But, with the money I put down and the trade, I actually owe less on the new bike than I did on the old one. Probably the first time I have ever been in the positive on a new vehicle.

I really liked the crash bars, and had I been able to, I would have ordered them for the new one. But, due to covid-19 they aren't shipping anything out of Poland, or at least they weren't when i was looking. I ended up with the Hepco and Becker setup, and I'm not really impressed. they have a bit of flex in them. Not as much as the OEM Honda "Light Bar", but the Heed bars were damn solid.

The lowers are pretty solid too, but I feel if the bike went over, the amount of flex in the upper could push the bars into the fairing and the bars would cause damage to the bike. Who knows, the lowers may take the brunt, and the uppers may not flex as much as I fear they would.

Might still end up ordering them and replace the ones I got.
I traded my 2016 in on a 2020 adventure sport DCT ES friday as well. The bike had every accessory available, from PDM60 to foot pegs and nav, accessories cost more than the bike did new.. I left it all on, didn’t want to deal with low ballers. Came away with a better deal than I expected, considering the 80,000 miles. The new bike is still in the box and the dealer is swamped🙄. Now the accessory search begins. Touratech won’t have the evo X racks available to order until mid July, same with barkbusters. I had no issue with the Honda ‘light bar’, bike has been down on occasion with trips to Prudhoe Bay Alaska and Tuktayuktuk. The only problem with upper crash bars is air filter changes, so looking for something different this time. Can’t wait to ride this beast! Hope you enjoy yours!

Reactions: misterk

Rroot82

Apr 15, 2019
Utah
The upper tank guards I got should be relatively easy to remove for air filter work etc. Two bolts each side. 1 upper, and one down on the frame near vin label. I think the light bars have a bit more flex than whit mine do so hopefully its good like you say. So far the bike is good. just had the 600 mile service done.

Been on a couple decent rides with the family so far.

95733671_10217380140995555_512356003178610688_o.jpg
Left to right, My Twin, My nephews MT-07, Brothers Goldwing DCT, And parents Goldwing DCT Trike. Picture taken up at Powder Mountain Resort in Utah.

and a pic of the bike completed
95810398_10158534814685159_6161386982774669312_o.jpg

Reactions: Admin

Rroot82

Apr 15, 2019
Utah
I don't think I'd say its huge, but it is noticeable. From what I have read, they did increase power to weight by 10%. It does feel a bit quicker in accelerating, and it will wheelie just using the throttle, whereas my 2017 DCT would not. In fact, I would have to try hard to even get the front to come up a little bit.

On the 2020 if I'm in the throttle a little bit (1st and maybe 2nd), let off, and hit the throttle moderately to hard, it will want to bring the front up. That's also with wheelie control at 3 (goes from 0-off to 3-max) not sure if I want to lower it to 2 yet as I don't have alot of experience riding a wheelie, but its kinda cool knowing I can without too much trouble now.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu