• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2021!

Coolant dripping

cyco666

Mar 30, 2021
Guadalajara Mexico
Hi everyone. After turning my new to me AT on, i noticed coolant dripping from under the engine. Is there a hose that goes somewhere or is it just a breather hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Your water pump is leaking. I replaced mine shortly before the warranty ran out, I tried contacting Honda for some help but they said that the dealer was the only remedy. being that I don’t trust anybody to work on my stuff I just ate the cost of the pump. It’s a easy job, search my posts for water pump and you’ll find more info.

cyco666

Mar 30, 2021
Guadalajara Mexico
Your water pump is leaking. I replaced mine shortly before the warranty ran out, I tried contacting Honda for some help but they said that the dealer was the only remedy. being that I don’t trust anybody to work on my stuff I just ate the cost of the pump. It’s a easy job, search my posts for water pump and you’ll find more info.

Thanks for replying. I’ll definitely check your post. I just ordered the pump through partzilla. None of the dealers have the pump in stock and told me it would take 30-60 days to get it Lol

Reactions: Sled_C

cyco666

Mar 30, 2021
Guadalajara Mexico
I just started the bike and it dripped maybe 5-6 drops upon cold start. I let it run for 5 minutes and took it out for a spin. Parked in the garage and after shutting it off, not one drop

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I just started the bike and it dripped maybe 5-6 drops upon cold start. I let it run for 5 minutes and took it out for a spin. Parked in the garage and after shutting it off, not one drop

That's kind of how mine would do, but not a drop since replacing the pump.

Reactions: cyco666

Nacademus

Jul 23, 2020
Ohio
It probably swells when warm and doesn't leak. Then weeps a little when it's cooled down. That's indicative of a failing seal. Pretty soon temp won't matter and it'll weep more often.

Reactions: cyco666

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu