• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2021!

Denali D4 2.0 TriOptic LED on CRF 1100l

Yousefmohd

Mar 25, 2021
Qatar
Hi
Im going to install Denali D4 2.0 TriOptic LED in my CRF 1100l 2021 with data dim
When I take the bike to the technician to fix it he say he didn’t get clean 12v from the oem light so it is impossible to fix it with data dim , only can be fixed with direct power from the battery , any one have idea is it possible to fix it with data dim or no ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wakoinc

Feb 12, 2021
AU
I installed the Denali D2 2.0 TriOptic LED Light Kit With DataDim Technology myself and found the same issue. I could connect the white wire using the post-tap to an ignition live wire (has power when key is turned), which means the lights turn off when the bike is off. I tried to tap into the high beam (both the main and cornering lights (CRF1100 2020) - however I found it worked in the opposite (high beam off = Denali full brightness, and high beam on = Denali half brightness). It seemed it wouldn't work out of the box, however I'm sure you could make it work if you tried hard enough.

In the end I bought the Denali 2.0 Hi-Low-Off Waterproof Switch, which is still tied to the ignition (on and off with the bike), however I manually select off, high or low beam using a select button/switch. I found it works without issue, and I like the ability to change it independently anyway. The CRF1100 has lots of day time driving lights, so for more modern countries with stricter driving rules and policing, I'm not sure I need any more lights a the front for normal riding.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu