Ditching the Honda plastic side and top cases

MacNobody

Oct 22, 2019
Rogers, AR
I am looking to get rid of the Honda side cases that came with my bike. I bought it used, with them already on it and they have served my needs fine up to now.

I have been looking at the Dirt Racks mount because they look like they will be symmetrical, leaving some space under the left side for a fuel bottle or tool roll. I am also looking at Tusk soft panniers. Does anyone have this setup or any words of praise or warning before I start slinging my credit card info out across the internet?

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Soft bags are the way to go. I’ve dropped my bike several times and the bags not only survived unharmed, they provided a nice cushion for the bike to land on.

I am looking to get rid of the Honda side cases that came with my bike. I bought it used, with them already on it and they have served my needs fine up to now.

I have been looking at the Dirt Racks mount because they look like they will be symmetrical, leaving some space under the left side for a fuel bottle or tool roll. I am also looking at Tusk soft panniers. Does anyone have this setup or any words of praise or warning before I start slinging my credit card info out across the internet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 573avd111

T2AZZ

Sep 1, 2019
Arizona
Check out Happy Trails SU Side Racks. They offered a balanced look. I got the bracket installed on the left that I use to stash my tools. I use MoskoMoto 35L Backcountry panniers.

Reactions: MacNobody

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu