• Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all riders and readers! Thank you for being a part of the online community and big thanks to @Graves for his effort on this forum. -africatwin.org team

El Dorado Hills, CA (Northern Sierra Foothills)

Dave

Mar 14, 2016
El Dorado Hills, CA
My AT just came in and I'm looking for experienced local riders to ride with.
Just sold my BMW GS Adventure and my XR650l with hopes of consolidation and improved usability.
Please reach out if you're interested!
Thanks,
Dave

May 15, 2016
Reno Nevada
Just sold my BMW GS Adventure and my XR650l with hopes of consolidation and improved usability.
Thanks,
Dave
Im waiting for mine to arrive here in the next few weeks hopefully, how do you like it? have you had a chance to ride it within your first day?

VVRRRMM

Jun 6, 2016
SF Bay Area
Congrats! Just picked up my Red Manual AT at my dealer in St. Helena, CA (Wine Country) and got to ride her home to Petaluma! Sold my BMW Dakar for her and already extremely happy!

Matt D.

Jun 7, 2016
San Rafael , ca.
Thanks,
Dave
Got my AT last week did 300 miles in Sonoma county on sat. The Honda Feels 100lbs. Lighter than my GS and really snappy with all the traction control turned off. There is an ACT dual sport out of Boomtown on July 16-17 plan on doing as much of that ride as possible on the AT. I hope some crash bars become available by then especially for the engine that water pump housing looks quite vulnerable

Dave

Mar 14, 2016
El Dorado Hills, CA
Hey Matt,
That's perfect! I've only had time to log 165 miles so far but plan on many more.
Do you have a link that you can post regarding that Boomtown run?
I'd like to check it out and am happy to ride with you if you'd like.
Touratech makes some beautiful engine and fairing guards for your AT. All stainless steel and capable of mounting additional lighting.
Here's their link: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Search/?q=africa+twin
So does SW Motech available through Twisted Throttle.

OneEarTim

africatwin.org gold
Aug 16, 2017
Nor-Cal
motorcycleadventuregear.com
Hey Matt,
That's perfect! I've only had time to log 165 miles so far but plan on many more.
Do you have a link that you can post regarding that Boomtown run?
I'd like to check it out and am happy to ride with you if you'd like.
Touratech makes some beautiful engine and fairing guards for your AT. All stainless steel and capable of mounting additional lighting.
Here's their link: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Search/?q=africa+twin
So does SW Motech available through Twisted Throttle.
Anyone doing some group rides out of the Sacramento Valley or Sierra Foothills?

Razor

May 16, 2016
Folsom
Hello all. I live in Folsom and got an AT last year. I mainly ride the trails and forest roads in the foothills. I usually do day rides but also like multi-day camping trips. I would like to meet up to ride or even just to talk bikes.

notTobyG

Jan 20, 2017
California
Hello all. I live in Folsom and got an AT last year. I mainly ride the trails and forest roads in the foothills. I usually do day rides but also like multi-day camping trips. I would like to meet up to ride or even just to talk bikes.
Mark with Sierra Nevada Adventures has his 1st ride of the year on March 17th. Don't know if he has space still but, definitely make time to go on one of his rides. Well worth it.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu