Favourite DCT riding mode

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
I think I have found a riding mode that suits me best.
I have a 2020 DCT model non adventure. My fav mode is Sport 1 in automatic.
And yours???
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

RickSkye

Jun 25, 2020
GB
Mine 2019, tour, s1. So similar.
Full power, half engine braking, one off top torque control and s1 for higher shift point.
I am experimenting with least engine braking, to make trail braking into corners nicer.
Oh, and auto.
Only time I use manual is in 30. 40 mph speed limits. Stops it shifting around for no reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUMBA

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Mine 2019, tour, s1. So similar.
Full power, half engine braking, one off top torque control and s1 for higher shift point.
I am experimenting with least engine braking, to make trail braking into corners nicer.
Oh, and auto.
Only time I use manual is in 30. 40 mph speed limits. Stops it shifting around for no reason.
Agree, in city or slower speed traffic, manual is the way to go.
In auto S2 and S3, the shifting schedule is far too high, unless you are on the open expressways.
Give 'em all a try and then you decide what suits you best.
SHUMBA

Rroot82

Apr 15, 2019
Utah
On my 2020 DCT. i prefer sport 2. on my 2017 sport 1 was perfect, but i think sport 1 on the 2020 is still a little lazy if that makes sense.

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Like I said, choose the mode and performance level that suits you and where U are riding.
SHUMBA

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu