• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2020!

Finally Got One

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Now I can be a legit member of the site, not just another lurker. Flew down to Vista, CA from Vantucky, WA to save $2000 and bring this little fella home.2201#14 home!!!.jpg

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Thanks!
Yes, it was. Thankfully the weather held and it was just cold AF day 2 from Medford to Vancouver. Putting the Oxfords on this weekend, love me some heated grips!

Reactions: ak864

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
You did Vista to Medford in one day? You must be young, or on that new bike high, or both.

Now go got that thing dirty.

Thanks!
Yes, it was. Thankfully the weather held and it was just cold AF day 2 from Medford to Vancouver. Putting the Oxfords on this weekend, love me some heated grips!

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Almost. Spent the night in Kettleman City after running through LA. There to Medford was still a haul.
I'm old, just motivated to beat the poor Wx. New bike high didn't hurt, last ride was a gen 1 KLR. I as just stoked not to have my taint vibrated apart.

Just got the protection on, now it's tires and grip heaters then off to the glop.

motorat

Nov 10, 2019
SW Wa
looks good. I put oxfords on mine a couple weeks ago...
that was a haul...glad you beat the weather, we had a dusting saturday night.

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Thanks, I was pushing hard to miss that ****.

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
She's a little dirtier now. Will be even more so after this weekend's running of the "Let's put super tight tires with stiff sidewalls on the bike" show.
Should be a hoot

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Ha! The front isn't so bad, but that rear is a B.

How did it feel off road?
Fantastic! Weight is low and it handles very predictably. Went with gravel and S2 modes and the tranny did what I wanted it to. The stock ties did ok, can’t wait to try the E7s

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Those should do the trick. You'll be surprised at how hard you can push this thing off road with good tires. Just get good crash protection, the Honda plastics are expensive, I know firsthand X2.

Fantastic! Weight is low and it handles very predictably. Went with gravel and S2 modes and the tranny did what I wanted it to. The stock ties did ok, can’t wait to try the E7s

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Those should do the trick. You'll be surprised at how hard you can push this thing off road with good tires. Just get good crash protection, the Honda plastics are expensive, I know firsthand X2.
I was amazed with what i could do with my old KLR with decent tires so I've got a sense this thing will kill it.

Already have a pile of Outback Motortek armor on it, looks like it'll handle the bulk of my poor riding misadventures

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
And in many parts of town, quite accurate 😜

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Reactions: Graves

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
At least there's probably more common sense and normalcy than the neighboring town. Lol. 😂
Old school PDX was awesome, when the weird was legit, not an Instagram tag for the bougies.
It is nice being able to visit easily but not have to be immersed in the stupid.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu