• Welcome to africatwin.org v2.0! We're happy to have you here. We've updated the site with new code to help the overall forum experience. Please report any issues. Changes made to the forum can be seen here: Africatwin.org v2.0 updates. Thank you for being a part of africatwin.org!

Fitting a Scottoiler on ATAS

StevieD

Jun 11, 2017
U.K.
I was wondering if anyone has fitted a Scott Oiler on the new AS, the position it was fitted to on my 2016 AT is no longer available as the rear break reservoir has been moved to this location, any pictures or suggestions would be great as I’m struggling to find a suitable location.
Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
Never used a Scott Oiler so I can't help with your question... but can I ask why you are using one?

I'm asking because I believe chains now days (sealed o-ring types) don't need lubricating - sufficient grease being sealed in the rings for the life of the chain.

I just coat for weather protection when I wash the old stuff off.

What's your take on the benefits?

StevieD

Jun 11, 2017
U.K.
Never used a Scott Oiler so I can't help with your question... but can I ask why you are using one?

I'm asking because I believe chains now days (sealed o-ring types) don't need lubricating - sufficient grease being sealed in the rings for the life of the chain.

I just coat for weather protection when I wash the old stuff off.

What's your take on the benefits?
I tend to tour long distances with my AT nearly all road work, so I like the benefits of a Scott Oiler where I haven’t got to use lubrications ie chain oil on a regular basis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
I suppose if you're going to carry it with you it might as well be in an automatic dispenser! :)

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu