• Hi everyone, hope all of you are safe and healthy. We've updated the image upload size to 5MB from 2MB so everyone can upload some pretty pictures during their quarantine. We will also be updating our software and servers as the weeks go by so please let us know if you have any issues. Wishing all riders good health during these times.

FOOT PEG RECOMMENDATIONS !!

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
wanna lower my footpegs, knight design make for the crf450x lower footpegs (7/8”) so they should then fit too ? i think footpegs for AT and ATAS are the same ... i know they changed then from 2017 to 2018
I’m not sure, I’m a very “ my bike and the stuff I use “ rider. I’ve heard they may need tweaking to fit, but I don’t know.
yeah, that’s why I got the 18, they did a lot of good upgrades for a 2 year old bike

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
No Sir, the other style..the red CNC version for $30.00 from Amazon..
Well, I did 1000 miles in the Oregon desert on them, bashed some rocks and knocked them around a bit and they did just fine.

I think you'll like 'em, huge compared to stock and really improve control.

CaptDan26

Feb 23, 2020
Mattoon, IL.
Well, I did 1000 miles in the Oregon desert on them, bashed some rocks and knocked them around a bit and they did just fine.

I think you'll like 'em, huge compared to stock and really improve control.
I got them installed the other day, no issues at all, light weight, perfect size. However I do not like the foot spikes. Too pointed for my liking, I don't ride in mud much so I prefer a lower profile more rounded peg.. I ordered 40-4mm x 6mm set screws which will replace the existing pegs, this will put the set screws just above the surface and allow grip but not tear up my boots..

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
I got them installed the other day, no issues at all, light weight, perfect size. However I do not like the foot spikes. Too pointed for my liking, I don't ride in mud much so I prefer a lower profile more rounded peg.. I ordered 40-4mm x 6mm set screws which will replace the existing pegs, this will put the set screws just above the surface and allow grip but not tear up my boots..
I was concerned about that myself, but they’re actually pretty easy on my boots. I was planning on pulling out every other one to reduce the grip but they allowed for good movement standing and sitting while providing good grip

Reactions: CaptDan26

daytonatwin

Oct 26, 2019
central fl
Just a Po mans answer to? Thanks again Graves
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu