• Hi everyone, hope all of you are safe and healthy. We've updated the image upload size to 5MB from 2MB so everyone can upload some pretty pictures during their quarantine. We will also be updating our software and servers as the weeks go by so please let us know if you have any issues. Wishing all riders good health during these times.

Front and Rear Axle diameter?

Strmboui

Dec 9, 2017
USA
Anybody know the front and rear axle diameters? I think the front is 20mm and rear is 25mm. I have no way to verify the service manual is useless.
Thanks

Shadowjack

Mar 15, 2018
Great Plains
Got a spare set of '17 wheels here. The ID of both front and rear bearings is 20mm.
You can find out a lot by looking at online parts lists. The generic number for the bearings are generally given, so you can Google those. Front 6004, rear 6204--20mm ID.

Strmboui

Dec 9, 2017
USA
Thanks for the info on your wheels.

That is interesting since my front axle is smaller than the rear axle on my 2016 AT (USA spec). Just don't know exactly the size difference.
Thanks again.

Shadowjack

Mar 15, 2018
Great Plains
I hope you're not assuming that since the nuts are different wrench sizes, the axles are different diameters. '16 and '17 take the same bearings. And if you really, really, really want to know, pull them and measure.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu