• Hi everyone, hope all of you are safe and healthy. We've updated the image upload size to 5MB from 2MB so everyone can upload some pretty pictures during their quarantine. We will also be updating our software and servers as the weeks go by so please let us know if you have any issues. Wishing all riders good health during these times.

Full Termignoni system sounds good...

Posiden

May 25, 2015
The English Lake District
Cant help thinking that Honda have missed a trick here by not offering an exhaust as part of the accessories catalogue. Most manufacturers do now (BMW sell Akrapovic cans as optional extras and Ducati have always pushed Termignoni.)

If I was buying a bike on a credit or PCP agreement the first thing I would do is add an exhaust into the deal as you won't really notice the cost over three years.

iSlanderEST

Aug 24, 2015
Estonia
Cant help thinking that Honda have missed a trick here by not offering an exhaust as part of the accessories catalogue. Most manufacturers do now (BMW sell Akrapovic cans as optional extras and Ducati have always pushed Termignoni.)
Thats weird yes, because even Crosstourer has Akrapovic slip-on in the catalogue.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
Ordered my Termignoni today from BRS tuning and got 10% off RRP. So £550 delivered end of February.
Doesn't need any remapping and is a straight forward swap with the original but a huge weight saving.

DavyF

Dec 19, 2015
Northern Ireland
IIRC, the Crosstourer didn't initially have an exhaust option. It'll just take a while before Honda catch up with what customers want as its still early days for the new AT.

zoeff50

Jan 31, 2016
NL - Assen
Why are people changing the exhaust? The std exhaust looks great with the bike I think, but ? Also the sound is very good. Deep bass noise, not too loud to scare other people off.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
I've changed my mind about the Termignoni exhaust as I don't like the way it exits the heat shield, looks too long and looks like it could fit any bike not just the AT.
the Remus Okami looks much better.

Why are people changing the standard exhaust.?
Cause the original is too big and heavy and as everyone knows "Loud pipes save lives."

Last edited:

RideRed Man Dan

Jan 29, 2016
Guffey, Colorado 9,100 feet
Why are people changing the exhaust? The std exhaust looks great with the bike I think, but ? Also the sound is very good. Deep bass noise, not too loud to scare other people off.
I agree about changing out the "Highly Engineered and built to last" stock exhaust for aftermarket exhaust. I was once one of those guys who thought that having a loud pipe was great and it made my bike feel like it was way more powerful, but in actuality it hardly made a difference and pissed of many around me. For the riders who will be using their very capable off road AT for rode (pavement) riding, I agree, have a loud pipe so that other vehicles can here you and you can feel like you are at the race track. But for the true adventure riders out their riding in the dirt, rocks, mud, water, etc a loud cheeply built aftermarket exhaust system will not last. Been there done that. Honda spends a large amount of money to make an exhaust system that will stand up to the abuse of off road riding. Also here in the states we have a 96 decibel allowance for off road riding. I will not argue that a loud pipe can help one be heard but why would you want to be heard when you are riding off road. Noise is off road riders biggest complaint.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
that last comment was a bit tongue in cheek from a saying that people use in the UK
- we've tried riding with our lights on, we are wearing hi viz clothing and still car drivers can't see you.
So if visual aids don't help then use something audible hence the saying "loud pipes save lives."

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu