Greetings All

DJCam

Jan 10, 2020
Barrie, Ontario
Bought my AT spring 2019 and have loved every km. I am new to the adventure bike world and am looking forward to learning from you veterans. I have added some accessories and looking at putting E-07+ tires on for a trip up the Dempster this summer. I would appreciate some advise about the tire selection. Happy 2020 to all.

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Bought my AT spring 2019 and have loved every km. I am new to the adventure bike world and am looking forward to learning from you veterans. I have added some accessories and looking at putting E-07+ tires on for a trip up the Dempster this summer. I would appreciate some advise about the tire selection. Happy 2020 to all.
Welcome to africatwin.org! We all have something to learn. Hope to hear more from you and congrats on the new purchase!

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Welcome aboard!

What color is your '19 AT? Manual or DCT?

Both E-07's and Tranctionator's are great tires. One of the nice things about the AT is we're spoiled for tire choices!

:)

DJCam

Jan 10, 2020
Barrie, Ontario
Personally I like the Motoz Tractionator GPS for the front & rear for the dirt. I used these on my previous bike (KTM 990).
I’ve heard of those and checked into them but they aren’t available in Canada and have to b
Welcome aboard!

What color is your '19 AT? Manual or DCT?

Both E-07's and Tranctionator's are great tires. One of the nice things about the AT is we're spoiled for tire choices!

:)
My AT is a 2018, black with black rims and manual transmission.

I have purchased a set of Mitas e-07s for it with the rear tire being the + version.

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
I have the E-07+ on the rear of my 2018 and a Heidenau K-60 on the front and the thing rails off-road. Excellent on road as well. FWIW

DJCam

Jan 10, 2020
Barrie, Ontario
I have the E-07+ on the rear of my 2018 and a Heidenau K-60 on the front and the thing rails off-road. Excellent on road as well. FWIW
Good to hear. Looking forward to installing them and trying them out. Did you have to put a tube in the E-07+ or can you run tubeless?

DJCam

Jan 10, 2020
Barrie, Ontario
I have gotten mine (mail order) from Chaperral Motorsports in California.
Unfortunately, living in Canada, by the time you pay for shipping and currency exchange rate the tires get expensive fast. They are available here but are gone as soon as they arrive at the store.

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
Good to hear. Looking forward to installing them and trying them out. Did you have to put a tube in the E-07+ or can you run tubeless?
Require tubes, you can set up the rims to be tubeless, just have to seal all the spoke heads. I’m fine with tubes.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu