• Wishing everyone a happy new year! May 2019 bring you tons of happiness and riding time.

Heed crash bars

HngrFatz

Oct 14, 2018
Charleston, SC
Does anyone here have Heed crash bars? I ordered mine on 10/23 and I have no idea where they are. Coming from Poland I expected them to take a while to get here (USA) but damn. Everything I read online says they take 10 days to arrive and I'm getting closer to 3 weeks.

Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Does anyone here have Heed crash bars? I ordered mine on 10/23 and I have no idea where they are. Coming from Poland I expected them to take a while to get here (USA) but damn. Everything I read online says they take 10 days to arrive and I'm getting closer to 3 weeks.
Dont have em, but call them with your order number and name and talk to someone, that's usually how I get info on my (far too many) orders....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hernan

Aug 2, 2018
Reseda, CA
I have Heed's protection bar. I ordered through eBay. I'm not sure how many days are needed, but it took me about two weeks to get to Los Angeles.
By the way, I am very satisfied with the shipping package and also with the product (I still did not need to use it in a crash, but it looks and feels really solid)
Good luck!

HngrFatz

Oct 14, 2018
Charleston, SC
Heed responded back and said 10 days is the minimum shipping time to the US and they would put in an inquiry with the shipper. I understood when ordering that it could take a while but everything I read (on forums) said 10 days which influenced my decision. Hopefully they will come this week as I've been pushing off more adventurous riding because it's hate to drop it knowing I have crash bars on the way.

Sep 7, 2018
Hochstadt
Dropped mine to left last Sunday crossing a muddy field, only thing damaged was the left side hand deflector mount (black plastic ) which broke at the bolt on top clutch pivot.
Lucky :D that I've still got all the oil in the sump. So now looking for lower crash bars, that I can maybe also rest my legs on :rolleyes:

HngrFatz

Oct 14, 2018
Charleston, SC
Dropped mine to left last Sunday crossing a muddy field, only thing damaged was the left side hand deflector mount (black plastic ) which broke at the bolt on top clutch pivot.
Lucky :D that I've still got all the oil in the sump. So now looking for lower crash bars, that I can maybe also rest my legs on :rolleyes:
Do you have the standard bars or the bunker bars? I went with the bunker bars because the pictures make it seem like the provide decent lower protection.

HngrFatz

Oct 14, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ah, I thought you meant looking for lower bars because the regular heed bars don't offer enough protection. For me it's a toss up between OM and Alt rider for the best crash bars for the AT. I went with Heed simply because they were the most affordable and there were many stories of people who have used them effectively.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I’m seriously considering the Bunker Bars for my manual trans bike. The only weakness I see is the right side lower mount and the lack of lower forward engine protection. If I do go that route I’ll probably modify my GIVI lowers to work with the Heed bars, fortunately I have access to a lathe, mill and welding equipment.

_relz_

Apr 30, 2018
Israel
I just installed the Heed Bunker bars on my 2016 Manual bike.
Seems to be a great product, built well, perfect fit, and feels very sturdy. The instructions were very informative and accurate too, once I got my head around understanding the language and graphics.

Now I've just got to arrange a real good crash, so I can see if they were worth the investment :)

HngrFatz

Oct 14, 2018
Charleston, SC
I just installed the Heed Bunker bars on my 2016 Manual bike.
Seems to be a great product, built well, perfect fit, and feels very sturdy. The instructions were very informative and accurate too, once I got my head around understanding the language and graphics.

Now I've just got to arrange a real good crash, so I can see if they were worth the investment :)
How long did it take you to get yours? I'm now approaching a month since I've ordered. The last shipping update was 5 days ago and says "Inbound Out of Customs."

_relz_

Apr 30, 2018
Israel
How long did it take you to get yours? I'm now approaching a month since I've ordered. The last shipping update was 5 days ago and says "Inbound Out of Customs."
I'm not in the US, so my answer would be irrelevant.
For me it was a real PITA to get the bars, as they don't ship to Israel. Instead I shipped to another European destination for free, and then asked a friend to pick it up for me and hand carry it (10 Kilos and very large!) back home...

HngrFatz

Oct 14, 2018
Charleston, SC
I'm not in the US, so my answer would be irrelevant.
For me it was a real PITA to get the bars, as they don't ship to Israel. Instead I shipped to another European destination for free, and then asked a friend to pick it up for me and hand carry it (10 Kilos and very large!) back home...
I bet there is some awesome adventure riding in Israel! Everything I've heard about the crash bars is excellent, just this wait time is killing me.

I was doing some back country dirt/sand roads last week and I came across a few hundred foot section that was all wet red clay, which is super slippery. I started getting all slippy and slidy and my first thought was "if I drop this bike while waiting for my crash bars to arrive I'm going to be pissed" lol.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Just placed my order on eBay, will let you know when/if they arrive.

I bet there is some awesome adventure riding in Israel! Everything I've heard about the crash bars is excellent, just this wait time is killing me.

I was doing some back country dirt/sand roads last week and I came across a few hundred foot section that was all wet red clay, which is super slippery. I started getting all slippy and slidy and my first thought was "if I drop this bike while waiting for my crash bars to arrive I'm going to be pissed" lol.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu