Heindenau Tubes

ajay_fidelio

Oct 30, 2018
Germany
I will start my travelling from Munich to Mongolia with K60 Scout tyres in June.

Do Anyone have experiences with the Heavy cross tubes for Heidenau : 21" Heavy Cross, 18F Cr 18 . They seems like 4-4.5 mm thick (normal tubes are 1.5-2mm)
is there any performances/ ergodynamic changes if I use thick tubes

Cheers

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I run HD tubes in Kenda Big Blocks, many many high speed highway miles, no problems.

I will start my travelling from Munich to Mongolia with K60 Scout tyres in June.

Do Anyone have experiences with the Heavy cross tubes for Heidenau : 21" Heavy Cross, 18F Cr 18 . They seems like 4-4.5 mm thick (normal tubes are 1.5-2mm)
is there any performances/ ergodynamic changes if I use thick tubes

Cheers

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Our summers often see temps in the triple digits, I ride year round with this combination, no problems yet. I did notice that the interior of the tubeless tires were a bit rougher, but I haven't seen and adverse wear in the tube because of it, just be sure to powder the tubes when you put them in. Last fall I rode from Moab Utah to Southern California non stop except for gas, 700 to 800 miles if memory serves, 80 to 85 speeds were the norm, no problems.

i just worried , if its get hotter., as I am sure riding above 35 degree celsius conditions

ajay_fidelio

Oct 30, 2018
Germany
Our summers often see temps in the triple digits, I ride year round with this combination, no problems yet. I did notice that the interior of the tubeless tires were a bit rougher, but I haven't seen and adverse wear in the tube because of it, just be sure to powder the tubes when you put them in. Last fall I rode from Moab Utah to Southern California non stop except for gas, 700 to 800 miles if memory serves, 80 to 85 speeds were the norm, no problems.
I will try as i already bought the tubes.
Great thanks !

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu