Hello from Sydney

Dan17

May 23, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Just picked up my new Africa Twin AS last week, cant wait to get onto some off-road tracks. Only thing a bit disappointing is compared to my previous bikesHonda is pretty vague about giving even a rough guide to setting the suspension up for differing payloads e.g. passenger and cargo unless you've got the electronic suspension of course. Great forum though and thanks for the acceptance.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Welcome to the group.

Just picked up my new Africa Twin AS last week, cant wait to get onto some off-road tracks. Only thing a bit disappointing is compared to my previous bikesHonda is pretty vague about giving even a rough guide to setting the suspension up for differing payloads e.g. passenger and cargo unless you've got the electronic suspension of course. Great forum though and thanks for the acceptance.

Black99S

Aug 25, 2016
BC, Canada
Read up on setting your rider SAG. Some good information here to start you on your journey.
https://www.teknikmotorsport.com/Honda-CRF1000L-Africa-Twin-Suspension-modification
And more to read over on ADV forum
https://advrider.com/f/threads/crf1000l-spring-and-valving-data-base.1363798/
https://advrider.com/f/threads/africa-twin-crf1000l-suspension.1155122/page-169
Just don't panic and think the world is falling apart when you read about anodizing wear.

Reactions: Dan17

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
welcome to africatwin.org! Happy to hear about the new purchase.

superfunkomatic

Welcome! Many moons ago I spent half a year down under. Lived in Manly just off the Steyne. I'd love to go back and ride through the mountains and coastal roads again.

Depending on your weight the settings will vary. The guidelines in the owner's manual help a bit. I'm relatively heavy (220 pounds) and with gear and panniers I just crank the preload in the rear all the way up. Front I have about 1/2 a turn past the recommendations on preload and an extra click on rebound. Seems to work pretty well.
Good luck with your new bike, mate!

Reactions: Dan17

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu