• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2020!

Hi there

Svabo

Nov 10, 2019
Long village
A new owner soon, I've landed deposit for ATAS 2018 should be with me in early December.

Been road riding last 15 years, main weapon of choice Italian V2 twins from Bologna 848/1098S.
In last few years I found myself not enjoying them as before on the road and left them only for track use were they belong and I was in quest for new 2 wheel tarmac addiction.

Bought KTM 250 SXF 250 carb 08' to try forest fun and got addicted to enduro specially in the upright sitting position and all the benefits of those light bikes, jumps wheelies and so. This year I got SMCR 690 19' for the every day hooning and misbehaving. I love that bike!!

From the moment I saw ATAS I had a soft spot for here and it was only matter of time before she will end up in garage. Better half has been on my back for years now about my selfishness as non of the bikes above are for 2 up riding.
This will make her happy as we have a lot of places to explorer in East Europe.
So in short lines that is it, here to exchange experiences and gather useful information about ATAS

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Admin

ATmartin

Feb 21, 2018
Bavaria Germany
A new owner soon, I've landed deposit for ATAS 2018 should be with me in early December.

Been road riding last 15 years, main weapon of choice Italian V2 twins from Bologna 848/1098S.
In last few years I found myself not enjoying them as before on the road and left them only for track use were they belong and I was in quest for new 2 wheel tarmac addiction.

Bought KTM 250 SXF 250 carb 08' to try forest fun and got addicted to enduro specially in the upright sitting position and all the benefits of those light bikes, jumps wheelies and so. This year I got SMCR 690 19' for the every day hooning and misbehaving. I love that bike!!

From the moment I saw ATAS I had a soft spot for here and it was only matter of time before she will end up in garage. Better half has been on my back for years now about my selfishness as non of the bikes above are for 2 up riding.
So in short lines that is it, here to exchange experiences and gather useful information about ATAS

Welcome to the AT world

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Svabo

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015

Welcome to Africatwin.org! Happy to have you.

Reactions: Svabo

Svabo

Nov 10, 2019
Long village
So finally got the bike on Friday. Actually i bought it months back but i was abroad.

It came already with few goodies like Bartubeless wheels, custom seat (which is lowered unfortunately).

First impressions on Friday Saturday short rides were so so. Obviously on pavement she lack bit of power. Feels sluggish with that 21 inch wheel at front. Off-road she is on her turf. I've spent Sunday bolting bits and pieces which i collected before i got the bike and today i gavei here a small test on the part of the route were we usually go with MX bikes. Bearing in mind bike is on street tires Scorpion Trial 2, I was blown with here capabilities on swamp flooded area covered with lud and wet grass

With bit more miles I just realized on pavement she just like smoth ride, gliding, if you start pushing her she starts being nervous.

Quickshifter is silky smooth

All in all I'm amazed with the overall quality and ride.

Reactions: LouisPK

daytonatwin

Oct 26, 2019
central fl
I'd be concerned about that left cylinder fuel mixture being too lean! maybe the low power you reported? or maybe you got spoiled with the 1098S OR maybe cause of the obnoxiously steeep hill climb your doing in your pics!!!!! LOL Welcome

Svabo

Nov 10, 2019
Long village
Hahaha I don't know why Tapatalk is rotating pictures. Headers are second hand, they were colored already like this.
Power wise I will easily adopt to her nature. Hope after dyno tune she will get more alive

Svabo

Nov 10, 2019
Long village
New seat. Bike came already with aftermarket seat which was quite comfortable but I didn't get good feeling on the bike also the angle on which my knees were bended and hands were reaching handlebar was not natural. I was just too much bended and I had feeling like i was ridig "in" the bike and not "on"

Upgrade with Touratech comfort Driride high version. I was doubting between standard and high and im glad i took high. Much higher than older seat, but perfect position on bike. Both legs down im on fingers with my 6.1ft height but position on the bike is spot on for knees and legs and overall feeling

Reactions: ATmartin

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu