• Wishing everyone a happy new year! May 2019 bring you tons of happiness and riding time.

Honda Africa Twin Technical Issues and Warranty reference list

cjrkrcb

Jan 29, 2019
australia
As per one of the other threads - one issue not currently on your list is the right hand foot peg mount breakage issue. Currently having discussion with Honda Australia regarding my 2017 model R/H mount breaking - has anybody had any success with warranty/replacement claims. Honda have told me the 2018 mounts don't fit (believe they have been redesigned) so have ordered same 2017 mount and Camel Brace. Seems to be a number of reports on the net regarding the breakage/lack of strength. Cheers, Chris

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
As per one of the other threads - one issue not currently on your list is the right hand foot peg mount breakage issue. Currently having discussion with Honda Australia regarding my 2017 model R/H mount breaking - has anybody had any success with warranty/replacement claims. Honda have told me the 2018 mounts don't fit (believe they have been redesigned) so have ordered same 2017 mount and Camel Brace. Seems to be a number of reports on the net regarding the breakage/lack of strength. Cheers, Chris
Thanks @cjrkrcb

We’ll add this to the list. We haven’t heard of a resolution for this and would be interesting to see if Honda covers it. Usually riders just replace the stock foot pegs for something heavier duty.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu