• Wishing everyone a happy new year! May 2019 bring you tons of happiness and riding time.

How are you lifting your AT off the ground?

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
.... no I'm not talking a ballsy wristfull of throttle here ;)

For servicing etc. I've got a center stand so the rear wheel is pretty easy - but front wheel?

Load up the back with weight? Prop the front somewhere with a strong stick? Paddock stand?

Or is it just easier to put a scissor lift under the skid plate? Is the standard skid plate (or half of one) strong enough for a lift?

What are you lot doing to... erm.... get it up?

Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA

For servicing etc. I've got a center stand so the rear wheel is pretty easy - but front wheel?

Load up the back with weight? Prop the front somewhere with a strong stick? Paddock stand?

Or is it just easier to put a scissor lift under the skid plate? Is the standard skid plate (or half of one) strong enough for a lift?

I just found somewhere low to attach an eye bolt in my garage, put her on the center stand and put a ratchet strap from the passenger handles to the eye bolt and ratchet it a bit, pulls the ass end down and the front end up, if you do it sparingly you can get both wheels off the ground

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Motorcycle jack.

FB49B70B-8FCE-4315-8CE9-569629C9675B.jpeg

Sep 7, 2018
Hochstadt
Drop the bash plate push her over a tree stump or similar object and use a truck ratchet transport strap to pull the rear down, As it was a long walk last time for the XRV so I keep one and a spare loop under the CRF saddle now.

1544092732651.jpg

Its served also as a tow for others with smaller tanks a couple of times too.

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
What's the orange strap bolted to your frame for @DELLA?

Clever luggage fixing?

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu