How to make a Remus Okami sound better

Mar 10, 2016
Yokohama
Added a Remus Okami to the bike.

Nice exhaust but with the baffle in it sounded a bit too muffled to me, a little raspy...

With it out, it's a bit too loud for around town use and looks a little odd too... But it did feel like it made a bit more power.

So I took the baffle and cut off the section of it that was pinched closed, obstructing the exhaust flow. Then put it back in.

The remaining part of the baffle minus the screen section goes back into the muffler.

Now it looks good and the sound is perfect. The power feels good too.

Last edited:

jimbo

Mar 2, 2016
stanthorpe qld
G'day I have the same pipe to install, IMO it is the best looking fit wise and size too more daylight from side profile. So you have the baffle in but less of it, is that correct and I did see somewhere a 4 ish hp gain

jimbo

Mar 2, 2016
stanthorpe qld
I'd even like to ditch the dorky plastic cover moulds but underneath there;s a big bulgy lumpy lookin thing resembling a knot in a dogs tool that's been root'n too much... not pretty!!

Mar 10, 2016
Yokohama
Yes, I just edited it to show the post-op baffle that goes back into the muffler. Highly recommend this mod. :)

The power feels good, haven't dynoed it though.

The header guard doesn't look that great but I'm not worried about it too much as I step on it with my dirty boot all the time. ;-)

jimbo

Mar 2, 2016
stanthorpe qld
G'day fellas, well got bike back from shop today and to my surprise they had fitted the new pipe and bashplate, got 'em to pull the baffle out and rode it 70 k's home , holy crap it is quite obnoxious the sound. Rode through roo country at roo o'clock & have to say it's an unreal shu-roo. About 15 of them right at roadside in various spots along the way & they all pissbolted the other way. Big change from hitting 3 in 7 days, unfortunately though I think constable"brown nose" is just gonna pissbolt straight for his "naughty biker-o-meter" & then his shoe box under the seat with "DONUTTIONS PLEASE" enscribed on the lid;) Sooo tomorrow, might ride with full baffle in & see the difference, it starts easier with baffle in. Still doesn't fire up as quick as stock tho,reckon it would go best with no baffle & airbox opened up IMO. Spose there'll be a high flo air filter soon tho. Altitude matters doesn't it? I'm at 900m. Probly for time being go with" true adv & disgruntled cat's" remedy.Tried that with 650r once & wound up with baffle right out (staintune pipe) & neighbours displaying same facial expression as true adv's cat.So if baffle out & airbox de-restricted on AT probly need new map then? we'll see.Catchyus & HOLD IT OOOOOOOOON!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mar 10, 2016
Yokohama
Try the bafflectomy, I think you'll like the results.

Don't think you'll need to start messing with fueling unless you go to a full system, losing the cat. But that's only based on my S10 experience.

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
G'day fellas, well got bike back from shop today and to my surprise they had fitted the new pipe and bashplate, got 'em to pull the baffle out and rode it 70 k's home , holy crap it is quite obnoxious the sound. Rode through roo country at roo o'clock & have to say it's an unreal shu-roo. About 15 of them right at roadside in various spots along the way & they all pissbolted the other way. Big change from hitting 3 in 7 days, unfortunately though I think constable"brown nose" is just gonna pissbolt straight for his "naughty biker-o-meter" & then his shoe box under the seat with "DONUTTIONS PLEASE" enscribed on the lid;) Sooo tomorrow, might ride with full baffle in & see the difference, it starts easier with baffle in. Still doesn't fire up as quick as stock tho,reckon it would go best with no baffle & airbox opened up IMO. Spose there'll be a high flo air filter soon tho. Altitude matters doesn't it? I'm at 900m. Probly for time being go with" true adv & disgruntled cat's" remedy.Tried that with 650r once & wound up with baffle right out (staintune pipe) & neighbours displaying same facial expression as true adv's cat.So if baffle out & airbox de-restricted on AT probly need new map then? we'll see.Catchyus & HOLD IT OOOOOOOOON!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've lived in Sydney for 14 years and have never been to the outback, I must say, jumbo is probably the funniest Aussie on forums hahaha roo o'clock never knew such a time was on the clock, now I know. Haha

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu