Lane splitting legal in Utah.

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Yes wise words. Before i sold my last bike I took off the skene rear visibility leds and plan on installing them on the AT real soon. These have great options and are twice as bright. The front end of my 19 includes "position lights or DRL's" but i find them piss weak so I purchased barkbuster DRLs, these are mounted to the barkbuster plastics.
Sorry for going off topic.

More lights = additional protection.
Hi - viz clothing, LED'S are all good ways to let the cagers know you are there.
I'll be installing additional LED lights on my new Africa Twin DCT
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sled_C

Sled_C

Sep 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
More lights = additional protection.
Hi - viz clothing, LED'S are all good ways to let the cagers know you are there.
I'll be installing additional LED lights on my new Africa Twin DCT
SHUMBA

over kill but it works

Attachments

• 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    735.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: SHUMBA

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
over kill but it works
Ah, nice...
Queensland AU.
Wife and I want to winter (your summer) in Australia. Unfortunately no visas being issued.
We were in NZ and AU two years ago...I didn't want to return to Kanada
SHUMBA

*(Is this a 2020 DCT non Adventure?)

Sled_C

Sep 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Ah, nice...
Queensland AU.
Wife and I want to winter (your summer) in Australia. Unfortunately no visas being issued.
We were in NZ and AU two years ago...I didn't want to return to Kanada
SHUMBA

*(Is this a 2020 DCT non Adventure?)
Thanks. Spent 8 weeks Christmas 2010 in Banff (Springs), lake louise, BC and Ann Arbor MI.
Best hols ever. Closer to home, We like to go to the South Island of New Zealand. Its magic too.
Sled

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Thanks. Spent 8 weeks Christmas 2010 in Banff (Springs), lake louise, BC and Ann Arbor MI.
Best hols ever. Closer to home, We like to go to the South Island of New Zealand. Its magic too.
Sled
NZ south island, now that's "God's Country".
I saw more bikes there than I could possibly count.
I'm sure you must know about the motorcycle museum in the very southern portion of NZ south island.
Invercargill.
SHUMBA

Sled_C

Sep 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
NZ south island, now that's "God's Country".
I saw more bikes there than I could possibly count.
I'm sure you must know about the motorcycle museum in the very southern portion of NZ south island.
Invercargill.
SHUMBA

haha Yes I do

Attachments

• IMG_7346.JPG
    IMG_7346.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

1985AMCEagle

Apr 13, 2021
Virginia
I.M.O. I would never lane split. I do t do it and every one of my family members in the LA basin hate it. I feel it is extremely dangerous. Even worse when a bike has stock ( quiet ) exhaust. Loud pipes make it somewhat better. When I do visit LA I usually have my family with me and thus rent a car. Being able to hear a bike coming is far safer. I don’t like the idea of sneaking up on a driver and my twin currently has stock exhaust.

Sled_C

Sep 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
I.M.O. I would never lane split. I do t do it and every one of my family members in the LA basin hate it. I feel it is extremely dangerous. Even worse when a bike has stock ( quiet ) exhaust. Loud pipes make it somewhat better. When I do visit LA I usually have my family with me and thus rent a car. Being able to hear a bike coming is far safer. I don’t like the idea of sneaking up on a driver and my twin currently has stock exhaust.
In Queensland Oz lane splitting is limited to 30kph. I will only do this speed if freeway traffic is crawling or stopped and on the shoulder of the road.
In city or suburban traffic I only do it if there is enough space, idling in first.
As time rolls on most drivers have become obliging. I even had a merc fold the left mirror in when he saw me coming.
Of course there's the dickhead riders too. Speeding, demanding space on tight two lane roads, clowns revving donks stock exhaust or not.
These riders have missed the point of the privilege.
If you want to survive long term lane filtering, Go Slow. Its as easy as that.

Last edited:

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
All good advice, nope no lane splitting anywhere in all of Canada...we're a little backwards up here.
Lane splitting would result in the police charging the motorcycle rider with some BS charge....
Resulting in a fight in court.
SHUMBA

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu