Left hand switch gear

Soul Tonic

Aug 20, 2016
Hout Bay
Mine has just done it again after 3000 more miles. I will be contacting dealer on me bday for a new switch.
New switch is going to give you the same problem. It is an inherent design defect. Try putting in a bigger spring, but definitely alert your dealer on this problem Otherwise I love the AT so far, Happy riding.

Soul Tonic Motorcycle Adventures - Spirit of the open Road

Greg

Mar 28, 2016
Ulster
new switch sorts it out its a know fault Hondas replaceing them theres been five sold in my town they all needed them replaced

Greg

Mar 28, 2016
Ulster
the SET button on my left hand switch became jammed and unusable the other day, after 700 miles

WD 40 couldn't free it and neither could mechanics at dealers

No replacement switches in UK so dealer agreed to take one off a demo bike

Next day switch working again.

Tested over 200 times and seems fine again so leaving it alone, and hoping it was just a gremlin that's gone.
Sorry it will return happened mine before first service but work again so the dealer didn't replace it only to jam again two wks later get one ordered now might be here when you need it

Soul Tonic

Aug 20, 2016
Hout Bay
The mechanic at the Honda Dealer in Cape Town opened up the switch has replaced the spring in the switch with a more heavy duty spring and lubed with silicon grease. So far so good. The design inside is not good so a new switch will give you the same problems eventually.

Greg

Mar 28, 2016
Ulster
Did Honda supplie the spring I know they were supplying new switch gear my worry would be the stronger spring wrecking the switch then they might not replace it but good luck with your repair ride safe

Soul Tonic

Aug 20, 2016
Hout Bay
Did Honda supplie the spring I know they were supplying new switch gear my worry would be the stronger spring wrecking the switch then they might not replace it but good luck with your repair ride safe
I think with all new models there are problems. This one is admittedly annoying. We discussed the merits of a new switch and agreed that the problem will re-occur. So the mechanic has tried to actually remedy the problem. After my second wash the switch is still working, so far so good

Kiwi Rod

May 29, 2016
New Zealand
After 8000k I have not had a problem with the switch, but if I do I will keep going back to Honda. They need to know there is a problem in this department. Maybe they will eventually redesign the switch

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu