Luggage recommendations?

BigAl

Nov 8, 2021
Brazoria TX
I’m trying to find what’s available out there while still getting quality equipment. I have a buddy that I ride with that has factory Suzuki boxes on his bike made by SW Moto I believe, but he opted for a less expensive pelican case for a top box with Caribou brand mounting system. I’m considering going the same route on my top box as it has a 40 liter capacity (larger than SW Moto) and is only $345 US with everything needed. That’s nearly 1/2 of what most aluminum boxes cost. I’ve looked at Givi, SW, and Touratech for side boxes. Does anyone have any other suggestions I might not have heard of, or favor a brand I should check out? I’ve never bought touring luggage before and all input is appreciated!

Thanks,
-Allen

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
I just use a Plano gun vault like a pelican case but has its own keyed locks built in and can be had for cheap if you shop around, i think i paid $89 for it plus $10 for stainless bolts from the hardware store here is one for $100

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigAl

BigAl

Nov 8, 2021
Brazoria TX
I just use a Plano gun vault like a pelican case but has its own keyed locks built in and can be had for cheap if you shop around, i think i paid $89 for it plus $10 for stainless bolts from the hardware store here is one for $100
[/URL]

Thank you! I never thought of a gun vault, that’s a good idea. I was google searching a little while ago and came across those Mosko soft bags you have. How do you like them? Are they large enough for long trips in your opinion? How is the quality?

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Moskos are top of the line in my opinion hands down quality is top notch and positively cavernous ive done 3 bdrs and half of the TAT with em and plenty of add ons available such as msr bottle holders and the like but you WILL for sure pay $$$ for em unfortunately, but you get what you pay for, i learned "buy once, cry once" a long time ago

Keep the rubber side down

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I’m trying to find what’s available out there while still getting quality equipment. I have a buddy that I ride with that has factory Suzuki boxes on his bike made by SW Moto I believe, but he opted for a less expensive pelican case for a top box with Caribou brand mounting system. I’m considering going the same route on my top box as it has a 40 liter capacity (larger than SW Moto) and is only $345 US with everything needed. That’s nearly 1/2 of what most aluminum boxes cost. I’ve looked at Givi, SW, and Touratech for side boxes. Does anyone have any other suggestions I might not have heard of, or favor a brand I should check out? I’ve never bought touring luggage before and all input is appreciated!

Thanks,
-Allen
If you’re going to do any serious off road finding you’re going to want soft bags, soft bags will be a lot more forgiving when you drop the bike.

prudentrobbie

Jul 23, 2020
france
Moskos are top of the line in my opinion hands down quality is top notch and positively cavernous ive done 3 bdrs and half of the TAT with em and plenty of add ons available such as msr bottle holders and the like but you WILL for sure pay $$$ for em unfortunately, but you get what you pay for, i learned "buy once, cry once" a long time ago

Keep the rubber side down

Sent from my SM-G970U using bumot

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I have a set of Hepco and Becker aluminum panniers for glamping with the girlfriend and set of Nelson-Riggs soft bags for more adventurous solo trips

Best of both worlds!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu