new to me detailing question

BoulderEd

Jul 5, 2022
Thorndale Texas
I just picked up a 2K mile 2017 DCT and am cleaning detailing it a bit. Not much to do really , its beautiful. Just wondering if I can safely remove the lame stickers on the tank about bike loading or if they clearcoated over them!

Attachments

• AT stickers.jpg
    AT stickers.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 7

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I just picked up a 2K mile 2017 DCT and am cleaning detailing it a bit. Not much to do really , its beautiful. Just wondering if I can safely remove the lame stickers on the tank about bike loading or if they clearcoated over them!
Mine came right off. Honda Brite and a micro fiber works real well to remove any adhesive left behind.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
perfect, thanks! any recommendations on non flingy chain lubes. Been riding BMWs GSAs and RTs since 2007 and have not missed a chain really :)
Maxima Chain Wax. Goes on like water, sets up overnight to a dry wax.

BoulderEd

Jul 5, 2022
Thorndale Texas
Thanks! Turns out I had a can I've carried around for 12 years :) I used it up on the initial clean and adjust/oil and ordered a new 13.5 oz through good ol amazon.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Thanks! Turns out I had a can I've carried around for 12 years :) I used it up on the initial clean and adjust/oil and ordered a new 13.5 oz through good ol amazon.
Works wonders on cables too.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu