Oil Stop Leak?

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I am still searching for the source of my oil leak, I removed the stator cover and reapplied the gasket material and it stopped the majority of the leaking, but I am still seeing oil on my left boot, side stand, and left swing arm, it is driving me to distraction!

I am thinking about adding 10% (12oz) of Lucas Oil Stop Leak and see if will help. I email Lucas Oil and they indicated the stop leak would be safe for the clutch but thought I would post the question here.

Will it hurt anything to replace 12oz of the oil in my AT with Lucas Oil stop leak?

Thanks!

Brian

Shadowjack

Mar 15, 2018
Great Plains
You could clean everything extremely well, then put some dye made for oil into it. The dye glows under black light. I bought a small bottle of dye at my local auto parts store, but maybe I had to order a black-light flashlight. Run it for a short time to see where the leak starts, before it gets all over everything again.

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
You could clean everything extremely well, then put some dye made for oil into it. The dye glows under black light. I bought a small bottle of dye at my local auto parts store, but maybe I had to order a black-light flashlight. Run it for a short time to see where the leak starts, before it gets all over everything again.
Wow! I did not know there is oil dye!

Thanks for the tip. :)

Reactions: SHUMBA

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Wow! I did not know there is oil dye!

Thanks for the tip. :)
If you can find a real auto parts store they should have it. Otherwise… Amazon.

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I skipped the oil dye and replaced 300ml of engine oil with Lucas oil stop leak. That stuff is thick!

Will post an update after 200-300 miles if it worked or not.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu