OK Mile High riders, lets get it together and ride soon!

LeRoi

Apr 19, 2019
Denver,Co.
I'm available much of the summer, call me or post here, 3039943075

slimordium

Mar 14, 2019
Longmont, CO
Looks like you are in Denver? I am in Longmont. I will be up for a ride, after I get the oil pan replaced on my 2018 ATAS... was riding in Moab, dirt road, rock poked right through crappy OEM skidplate and cracked the oil pan! Should be ok in a week or so.

LeRoi

Apr 19, 2019
Denver,Co.
Yes, I'm in Thornton, actually.
Hmm, now ya have me worried, I still have the OEM plate, I bought one, but it wouldn't fit with the crash bars and engine guards I installed.
My first ride is for may 5th, that's the long spring ride I used to do with the KLR newbies back in the day.
I'm working on another, just gotta co-ordinate with the GF, my Vacation time, and spending time with my family.
Any ideas you might have are welcome.

slimordium

Mar 14, 2019
Longmont, CO
First image is the oil pan hole, second is the skid plate. The last image shows how tame the road was. I have a BDCW skid plate I will be installing. This happened within 10min of my first ride in Moab last week. Huge bummer.

LeRoi

Apr 19, 2019
Denver,Co.
Damn! I would have sworn that was damage from a baby head on the Kingston loop or Mosquito Pass for Christs sake!
Ok, skid plate next. They are expensive compared to the KLR! I couldn't believe the prices. Double compared to some bikes.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Even triple.

Damn! I would have sworn that was damage from a baby head on the Kingston loop or Mosquito Pass for Christs sake!
Ok, skid plate next. They are expensive compared to the KLR! I couldn't believe the prices. Double compared to some bikes.

LeRoi

Apr 19, 2019
Denver,Co.
I have Sunday free, if you can do that day. Just got the new Mitas E-07's installed.

LeRoi

Apr 19, 2019
Denver,Co.
A couple fellas I know from our old KLR days are looking to ride on Sunday, June 2nd. The tentative plan is the Goose Creek, SouthPark/Tarryall area.
They ride the Tenere's, so good company.
Meet is at the Conoco station on Morrison rd at C-470, kickstands up at 8 am if anyone here is interested.

LeRoi

Apr 19, 2019
Denver,Co.
WOO HOO! 225 miles of pavement, gravel and dirt roads with a couple water crossings thrown in as a treat! And rain, hail and chili cheese dog to boot!
One hell of a day of riding.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu