• Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all riders and readers! Thank you for being a part of the online community and big thanks to @Graves for his effort on this forum. -africatwin.org team

SOLVED Part number needed and can't find?

OneEarTim

africatwin.org gold
Aug 16, 2017
Nor-Cal
motorcycleadventuregear.com
Long story, but I lost my front seat. I went to parts fish and can't find the part number for the standard blue seat that comes with the Tri Color Africa twin. Called Parts Fish and they couldn't help me figure it out. Anyone smarter than me have a way to figure this out? It would be much appreciated.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Disregard the first number I gave you, that should be the red seat. The blue seat should be 77100-MJP-G51ZA. I forgot the tri color wasn’t until 2017, the AC should be the silver (fastest and best looking), the 3AC should be the red white and black and the 2AC should be the tri color. I can’t remember what the AC designations are, something to do with options, but the prefix is the color. I figured that out when I had to order bodywork after my crash. Just verify the number before you order.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
So now I’m looking and it looks like the 2017 AC is the ruby red color. Just get the part numbers and google them to verify.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Ok, I’m home again and am looking at my manual for the 2016 models:

The “AC” is the destination code, AC for 50-State meets California, CM for Canada. Apparently the only difference in the North America models is that the Canada bikes don’t have the evaporative emission components.

When I was looking for my body parts way back when I discovered that for the 2016 models the AC was the silver, the IIIAC red white and black. For 2017 Partsfish lists the AC, IIAC and IIIAC. When I looked up your seat I used the IIAC part number for a Google search, it returned the blue seat, the first number I gave you returned the red. I also Googled the part number for a body panel for the 2017 AC and it came back that ruby red color. After all of this I’d have to assume that the 2016 AC is silver, the 2016 IIIAC it the red white and black, the 2017 AC is ruby red, the 2017 IIIAC is still the red white and black and the IIAC is the red white and blue. I can’t find any verification for this online, I guess It must be information for dealers eyes only.

Disregard the first number I gave you, that should be the red seat. The blue seat should be 77100-MJP-G51ZA. I forgot the tri color wasn’t until 2017, the AC should be the silver (fastest and best looking), the 3AC should be the red white and black and the 2AC should be the tri color. I can’t remember what the AC designations are, something to do with options, but the prefix is the color. I figured that out when I had to order bodywork after my crash. Just verify the number before you order.

OneEarTim

africatwin.org gold
Aug 16, 2017
Nor-Cal
Ok, I’m home again and am looking at my manual for the 2016 models:

The “AC” is the destination code, AC for 50-State meets California, CM for Canada. Apparently the only difference in the North America models is that the Canada bikes don’t have the evaporative emission components.

When I was looking for my body parts way back when I discovered that for the 2016 models the AC was the silver, the IIIAC red white and black. For 2017 Partsfish lists the AC, IIAC and IIIAC. When I looked up your seat I used the IIAC part number for a Google search, it returned the blue seat, the first number I gave you returned the red. I also Googled the part number for a body panel for the 2017 AC and it came back that ruby red color. After all of this I’d have to assume that the 2016 AC is silver, the 2016 IIIAC it the red white and black, the 2017 AC is ruby red, the 2017 IIIAC is still the red white and black and the IIAC is the red white and blue. I can’t find any verification for this online, I guess It must be information for dealers eyes only.
Hmmm. I might cancel my order and just go to my dealer. Parts fish hasn't shipped it yet.

Mar 15, 2018
Great Plains
Partsfish is local to me. They're just a powersports dealer, not a warehouse stockpoint. They have to order the parts from Honda, so if they haven't shipped, neither has Honda. Generally, they have the lowest internet prices, but if you go to your local dealer, you can get all the same parts, although it will be a bit more money. Even Partsfish has higher across-the-counter prices for walk-ins.

OneEarTim

africatwin.org gold
Aug 16, 2017
Nor-Cal
Partsfish is local to me. They're just a powersports dealer, not a warehouse stockpoint. They have to order the parts from Honda, so if they haven't shipped, neither has Honda. Generally, they have the lowest internet prices, but if you go to your local dealer, you can get all the same parts, although it will be a bit more money. Even Partsfish has higher across-the-counter prices for walk-ins.
Good info. I'm going to give them one more chance on Monday with a call. My biggest complaint so far is that they couldn't tell me what seat I needed for my bike when I called them. The other issue is that I haven't received any notification that it was back ordered etc.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
They are painfully slow. Have you tried Partszilla?

Good info. I'm going to give them one more chance on Monday with a call. My biggest complaint so far is that they couldn't tell me what seat I needed for my bike when I called them. The other issue is that I haven't received any notification that it was back ordered etc.

OneEarTim

africatwin.org gold
Aug 16, 2017
Nor-Cal
They are painfully slow. Have you tried Partszilla?
I haven't. I'll see what they say Tuesday. In the Amazon world, companies really need to re-calibrate their customer service. My local Honda dealer is terrible.
I'll try partszilla next. Is that a recommendation @Graves ?

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I use both, but for items needed quickly I just bite the bullet and go to my local dealer. I’m close enough to Chaparral, and they have a loyalty program that provides discounts, so the prices aren’t too high.

I haven't. I'll see what they say Tuesday. In the Amazon world, companies really need to re-calibrate their customer service. My local Honda dealer is terrible.
I'll try partszilla next. Is that a recommendation @Graves ?

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu