• Welcome to africatwin.org v2.0! We're happy to have you here. We've updated the site with new code to help the overall forum experience. Please report any issues. Changes made to the forum can be seen here: Africatwin.org v2.0 updates. Thank you for being a part of africatwin.org!

Picked Up my Adventure Sports Yesterday

vfmoore

Nov 3, 2018
Oregon
Hello from Oregon! I have ridden Goldwings for decades and have both a GL1800A and a KLR 650, both with modified suspensions, but fell in love with a BMW 1200GS I rented and rode in WV last June, so decided to go the adventure route. While I loved the GS, I really did not want to support a BMW, I had really wanted to try the DCT before making a purchase, but there were no dealerships willing to give me a reasonable test ride. The a Craigslist ad showed up with a 2018 Adventure Sports that had been purchased in May, and the owner decided that he would rather have a sport tourer for the road, and then a dual sport for forest service and logging roads. He had added some nice items including driving lights and paniers, along with a variety of other items, and at 4,500 miles and 5 months old I picked it up for $5K under what he had in it. For the $5K I can live with not having tried the DCT. I am very please with it so far, and am looking forward to making friends with it. It came with a throttle lock on it, and I have always been a bit skeptical about their safety. Curious if anyone on the user group has ever install an electronic cruise control from www.mccruise.com . They have just brought on to market for the 2018 for about $600 U.S., but I would sure like to talk with someone who has installed one. Now if I can just convince my wife that I need all three! Looking forward to participating in the user group.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Welcome to the group... and enjoy getting to know your new friend.

Hello from Oregon! I have ridden Goldwings for decades and have both a GL1800A and a KLR 650, both with modified suspensions, but fell in love with a BMW 1200GS I rented and rode in WV last June, so decided to go the adventure route. While I loved the GS, I really did not want to support a BMW, I had really wanted to try the DCT before making a purchase, but there were no dealerships willing to give me a reasonable test ride. The a Craigslist ad showed up with a 2018 Adventure Sports that had been purchased in May, and the owner decided that he would rather have a sport tourer for the road, and then a dual sport for forest service and logging roads. He had added some nice items including driving lights and paniers, along with a variety of other items, and at 4,500 miles and 5 months old I picked it up for $5K under what he had in it. For the $5K I can live with not having tried the DCT. I am very please with it so far, and am looking forward to making friends with it. It came with a throttle lock on it, and I have always been a bit skeptical about their safety. Curious if anyone on the user group has ever install an electronic cruise control from www.mccruise.com . They have just brought on to market for the 2018 for about $600 U.S., but I would sure like to talk with someone who has installed one. Now if I can just convince my wife that I need all three! Looking forward to participating in the user group.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Welcome to africatwin.org and congrats! Don’t have much experience with Mccruise.

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
Sounds great - enjoy! :D

No experience with the cruise control either but I'd be really interested to see how it works out if you get one.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu