• Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all riders and readers! Thank you for being a part of the online community and big thanks to @Graves for his effort on this forum. -africatwin.org team

Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 2000 Mile Update

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I have 2000 miles on my set of Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR's and thought I would post a quick update.

The rear tire started with 8mm of tread and it is now down to almost 5mm, so I'm guessing I will get 5,000 miles out of the rear. The front looks new.

I really like this tires and have used them hard. 1000 miles of tarmac at high speed while loaded with LOTS of camping gear. The other 1000 miles has seen a few hundred miles of gravel and plus some heavy right hand acceleration.

They have dug me about a gravel rut in Nebraska and flung mud for half a mile in Kansas...I'm impressed (All this wheel spinning might have cost a 1mm?)

Will try to get some pics if the sun ever shines again

Brian

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
These tires really fit my style of riding and are fairly affordable. If I would lay off the late night snacks and go easier on the throttle the rear would last longer but where is the fun in that! :)

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu