• Wishing everyone a happy new year! May 2019 bring you tons of happiness and riding time.

Poll: Upper Crashbars?

Poll: Upper Crashbars?

• None

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Honda (OEM)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Touratech

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Givi

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • SW-MOTECH

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • AltRider

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Holan

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
My God that’s a pretty bike, had they had that color when I bought mine I would have a red AT in my garage now.

I just put a set Heed Bunker bars on.
They fit great & provide very good coverage & protection
Priced right also.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
I have the S. W. Motek crash bars from Germany. Well made, great fit as well. Just wish they made a crash bar for the lower part of the bike. I don't off-road with my AT. I have dropped the bike on both sides, but I was stopped at both times, just being stupid, I guess. No damage, as the bike hit the ground on the crash bar and the handle bar. No damage. I'm sure it would be a totally different outcome if I had been in motion riding. No matter what one chooses for crash protection, there will always be the potential for damage. Best solution, ride defensively, don't drink and ride, I don't ride at night where I live due to animals crossing the road, wear bright hi-vis colours, add some LED lighting, and never trust another motorist, because everyone out on the road is trying to kill us. Just sayin'. Best.....SHUMBA

dascooter

May 27, 2017
Chesterfield, MO
I just put a set Heed Bunker bars on.
They fit great & provide very good coverage & protection
Priced right also.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
So it has been about 8 months since you posted. Would you still recommend Heed? Can you check the oil with no issue or need to remove anything? And, what crash plate are you using?

PhactoryFil

Nov 5, 2017
Denver, CO

I have the Heed crash bars as well, very happy with them. I had a low speed drop on the trail and they did their job. I got the bags as well, work great for tubes, pump, etc. only downside, bars need to come off for the air filter service.

Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Just got my Outback Motortek bars. Still in the box in my garage. Too cold to work out there right now.
Iv had my outback motortek bars on for about a year and a half and have been dropped a fair amount of times off road in rocks, sand, dirt, water, mud pretty much everything but pavement and have held up great minus a few minor surface scratches( not even through the powder coating). They are a little on the heavy side being made out of steel but in all I'm very happy with them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dascooter

May 27, 2017
Chesterfield, MO
why is there no outback motortek spot in the poll?
Really like my Outback Motortek's. Don't ride in the woods so did not need/want the upper bars. But an easy add if I ever want them. After watching the owner's video I knew they would provide the protection I wanted.

Attachments

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu