• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2020!

Repost of Official: 2020 Honda Africa Twin revealed

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Definitely a highly desirable model year for the Africa Twin with the 6.5" TFT display, cruise control, and suspension setup. Curious about the EERA suspension too and if it's going to make it to the states. Also interesting to note that the TFT display on the CRF450L Rally concept is very similar to the 2020 Africa Twin. Tons of potential good options for future designs.
2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin TFT display

Honda CRF450L Rally Prototype TFT Display

Last edited:
Reactions: superfunkomatic

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
For what its supposed to be and started as a race machine way back when, then revamped to be lighter and more nimble . It is Oh so very quickly turning from a highly capable nimble and thin offroad macine to a super heavy BMW GS farkled with crap you dont need and more stuff to break offroad though most will only be going to starbucks.....just my opinion, but by the time you finish the jet fighter startup sequence ill be down the trail on my standard AT....

There is also this

Keep the rubber side down

Last edited:

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I'm of two minds about the revamped version of the AT headed our way; I love my throttle-by-cable '17 with its simple screen and lack of buttons but, I have worked in the technology field since 1991, so I love buttons and splashy screens! :)

ToontownTim

May 5, 2019
Saskatchewan
To me it seems that what people want out of an adventure bike has everything to do with where they live. If you live close to spectacular off-road riding locations, you desire a smaller lighter simpler, more off road biased bike. People like myself that live nowhere near spectacular riding areas and love the mountains, which are 700km away. Well I would love to listen to tunes with apple car play and really want cruise control. And they did that while actually reducing weight. After all the Africa Twin is not a dual sport, it is an adventure touring. Notice it says touring.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Search for info on the upcoming 2020 AT and found the following from the UK; https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2019/september/official-2020-honda-africa-twin-revealed

Tubeless and cruise control! But only Apple Carplay no Android Auto. :(

Needless to say, I am excited! But the big question is will the EERA equipped model make it to the USA?
Seems like the US market is getting the electronic suspension package. https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/africa-twin

Also prices have been announced on Honda's website: $14,399 for base w/ manual, $15,199 for base w/ DCT, $17,199 for Adventure Sports ES w/ manual, and $17,999 for Adventure Sports ES w/ DCT.

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Seems like the US market is getting the electronic suspension package. https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/africa-twin

Also prices have been announced on Honda's website: $14,399 for base w/ manual, $15,199 for base w/ DCT, $17,199 for Adventure Sports ES w/ manual, and $17,999 for Adventure Sports ES w/ DCT.
Beat me to the punch! :)

$17,199 + $455 + sales tax = $$$

Thinking, Thinking, Thinking

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
It's too bad that they're going the high dollar route, the reasonable price was the initial draw for me to the AT. If I we're buying today it would be the KTM 790 Adventure R.

Reactions: Cuchulainn

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I wish Mother Honda would offer another sport touring bike, a CRF450L, and a modern ST would be very nice in my garage!

Hopefully the plastics will be easier to remove on the 2020 AT's, I've broken the front pegs off of mine. Grrr

Reactions: Cuchulainn

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Have you checked out the Betas’?

I wish Mother Honda would offer another sport touring bike, a CRF450L, and a modern ST would be very nice in my garage!

Hopefully the plastics will be easier to remove on the 2020 AT's, I've broken the front pegs off of mine. Grrr

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
There has been talk for a while that there may be another bike up their sleeve in the near future.
Maybe a smaller bike in between the CRF450L and the Africa Twin.
Would definitely love to see a "Halfrica Twin" around 800cc with all the fancy equipment of the Africa Twin.

vfmoore

Gold Rider
Nov 3, 2018
Oregon
For myself, I really have my ATAS setup the way I like it, and the only thing that would tempt me would be the 800cc +/- variant. I like what I have seen of the KTM 790, with the exception of the exposed fuel tanks. I read a report a couple of weeks ago of one going down and the gas tank opening up. Luckily the rider was thrown clear before it burned. So, for the difference of what I have in mine, and what I would have to have in the new one to match the protection, etc., I will be satisfied not making payments.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Honda Motorcycles Europe did a press launch and here are some early video clips of the CRF1100L from journalists. Looks nice and that touch screen is incredible.

EhViffer

Gold Rider
Oct 7, 2019
Calgary Alberta Canada
Thanks for posting! Hmm, looks like in the last video the Adventure model is shod with Michelin Anakee Adventure rubber? Wonder if that is the OEM choice for North America?

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Thanks for posting! Hmm, looks like in the last video the Adventure model is shod with Michelin Anakee Adventure rubber? Wonder if that is the OEM choice for North America?
Curious to find out too.

ToontownTim

May 5, 2019
Saskatchewan
I really like the changes. I want a new 2020 adventure sports. But it’s tough to do that when my 2019 doesn’t work. I like to keep riding my bike until it’s about -5 degrees Celsius. This is not possible with my bike. Around 2 degrees it backfires out the intake and stalls out crossing intersections in front of oncoming traffic. Warm up to 10 degrees and works perfect. The new bike is exactly what I want in a bike and they pulled it off while reducing the weight. But I spent 15 grand to have the shortest riding season I’ve ever had. I’d hate to spend 20 grand to have another Honda that also doesn’t run.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu