• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2020!

Revit Expedition H20 Boot First Impressions

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Rider
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hey fellow riders,

Wanted to give you guys a first impression on the new Revit Expedition H20 boot. Right out of the box the boots were extremely comfortable. I’m a size 9.5 in the US and ordered a size 43. The boots fit really snug the minute I slipped my feet into them. There is an overall good finish in the interior and the exterior of boot with exceptional detail to the shin and heel protectors. I wouldn’t say it’s motorcross boot level type of protection but good for riders to use on commutes and some trails.

I’ve only put 10 miles on these boots and don’t seem to have any issues with shifting or braking. Only complaint is the price. A little bit over $700 but so far have been extremely satisfied with them. Will continue to update as I put more miles on it.
FEE67A24-064D-44D0-A369-8643487B8A01.jpeg

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Nice boots.

Hey fellow riders,

Wanted to give you guys a first impression on the new Revit Expedition H20 boot. Right out of the box the boots were extremely comfortable. I’m a size 9.5 in the US and ordered a size 43. The boots fit really snug the minute I slipped my feet into them. There is an overall good finish in the interior and the exterior of boot with exceptional detail to the shin and heel protectors. I wouldn’t say it’s motorcross boot level type of protection but good for riders to use on commutes and some trails.

I’ve only put 10 miles on these boots and don’t seem to have any issues with shifting or braking. Only complaint is the price. A little bit over $700 but so far have been extremely satisfied with them. Will continue to update as I put more miles on it.
View attachment 1848

superfunkomatic

Those are really sharp looking boots. I have Rev'it gloves and they were perfect from new. They make really good quality gear. The design looks pretty walkable, is it? I love my Sidi Adventure Rain boots but they are not the easiest to get around on when you're off the bike.

EhViffer

Gold Rider
Oct 7, 2019
Calgary Alberta Canada
Yes curious for an update as well. The wearability on and off the bike is attractive. I have other Rev'it gear and it has all held up well. The price of the boots is eye watering in Canada at about $1000. The other issue seems to be no one has them in stock.

EhViffer

Gold Rider
Oct 7, 2019
Calgary Alberta Canada
So I have been thinking about these Expedition H20 boots and poking around at availability. They are out of stock in the Canadian market and I am told by Blackfoot Motorsports, the local Rev'it retailer, that "Rev'it has pulled the boots from stores because of widespread issues with water leaking into the boot". They said that Rev'it is "completely redesigning the boot and will reissue as a new model". Anyone else hear this? In any event, I really like the look of the boot and hope similar styles start coming out.

EhViffer

Gold Rider
Oct 7, 2019
Calgary Alberta Canada
Got a fast one-day response back from Rev'it on the Adventure Boot issue, see below;

"Thank you for your email; and for your interest in the Expedition boot.
We decided to delay the latest runs of the style due to recent production batches not meeting our standard for our pinnacle boot. We have been working hard with the factory to correct these issues, and get back to the market ASAP. That being said, we want to be sure that the product will be everything that it is meant to be.
The current ETA is in-line with the release of our Spring-Summer 2020 collection (approx. 01/2020).

Thank you again for reaching out to us."

Reactions: SoCalEddie

Kiwi_ATAS

Oct 1, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
I have had my boots for about 4 months and riding in them most days. So far they have been everything I expected, but even more comfortable than I anticipated. No issues so far in the wet. My CB500X is not set up well for them on the gear selector side but on the ATAS they are excellent.

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Rider
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
@MacTavish @EhViffer
I completely forgot about this but here is an update as of 11/06/19

After 3000 miles the boots were incredible and comfortable and actually saved my leg after my ATAS landed on it.

But here is the catch, the stitching started to come off on both the left and right boot after a few months of light use.

I’m not sure about everyone but if I’m paying over $700 for a pair of boots, I would like them to last longer than a few months of ownership. I returned them under warranty and got a refund.

I am a big fan of Revit and Revzilla and impressed how they handled the return. I would definitely be interested in an updated 2.0 version if they decide to go that route.

EhViffer

Gold Rider
Oct 7, 2019
Calgary Alberta Canada
Hmm so that explains the reference Rev'it made in their response to me the boot was "not meeting our standard for our pinnacle boot" and why they had pulled the boot from sale until the new year. Glad to hear it saved your leg though. Ya up here that boot is $1000 so my expectations will be very high on the quality side. I have a pair of Daytona Road Star GTX boots that have been flawless for asphalt riding.

Reactions: SoCalEddie

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Rider
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hmm so that explains the reference Rev'it made in their response to me the boot was "not meeting our standard for our pinnacle boot" and why they had pulled the boot from sale until the new year. Glad to hear it saved your leg though. Ya up here that boot is $1000 so my expectations will be very high on the quality side. I have a pair of Daytona Road Star GTX boots that have been flawless for asphalt riding.
It makes so much sense now. Awesome pair of boots but would wait until they fix their production issues. Keep us posted if you get a new pair of boots that work for you in the future. I’m going to keep my eye on these Revit boots because I loved them so much and hope they fix all the quality issues.

Cuchulainn

Gold Rider
Aug 10, 2017
Denver, CO
www.rmmrc.org
I wonder who makes the boots for Rev'it? The last set of boots I had that came apart at the stitching in less than a year was a pair of TCX boots. I am curious as to whether TCX manufactures these for Rev'it.

EhViffer

Gold Rider
Oct 7, 2019
Calgary Alberta Canada
It makes so much sense now. Awesome pair of boots but would wait until they fix their production issues. Keep us posted if you get a new pair of boots that work for you in the future. I’m going to keep my eye on these Revit boots because I loved them so much and hope they fix all the quality issues.
Bought a new pair of Rev'it Revit Expedition H20 boots from thevisorshop.com in Ireland in early January. Free shipping and saved about $250 CDN over what they are selling them for locally ($999 CDN) and that includes just under $50 CDN in duty. Boots fit very well right out of the box, although I won't be on the bike for a few months still at least. I wore them for a day and boots are extremely comfortable as advertised. I also looked at the new Daytona Trans Tourman boot but no indication of availability so I went with the Rev'it. I'll see if that stitching coming out issue you referenced earlier in this thread is cleared up with this new version.

Reactions: superfunkomatic

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu