Small bags for tools/tubes

MacNobody

Oct 22, 2019
Rogers, AR
I have seen bags that mount to the crash bars and they are nice but I’m looking for other options that cost less. Some of the things I have seen are on eBay and cost $100 or more and I don’t know about the quality.

What are you using? I don’t want to have to keep taking up pannier space if I can mount these essentials somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I have seen bags that mount to the crash bars and they are nice but I’m looking for other options that cost less. Some of the things I have seen are on eBay and cost $100 or more and I don’t know about the quality.

What are you using? I don’t want to have to keep taking up pannier space if I can mount these essentials somewhere else.

Under the seats I can fit my tool pouch, tube patch kit, tire pump, axle wrench/tire levers, spare brake and clutch levers, parachute cord, emergency poncho and emergency blanket.

1633839332232.jpeg

Black99S

Aug 25, 2016
BC, Canada
Under the seats I can fit my tool pouch, tube patch kit, tire pump, axle wrench/tire levers, spare brake and clutch levers, parachute cord, emergency poncho and emergency blanket.

View attachment 2841
I have my seat in the low position with Denali light control and Eastern Beaver 3CS under there I can only fit a Stop&Go flat kit.
Coiled Tow strap, ductape and steel stick fit under the rear seat.
Dusty high vibration environment under the seats.
MotionPro bead breakers are in bicycle inner tube sleeves and tie-wrapped to the right rear frame.
Tool roll and compressor in a small well-padded Pelican case on the rear rack.
No place for a tool tube as I have a Camel ADV auxiliary tank.

Reactions: MacNobody

MacNobody

Oct 22, 2019
Rogers, AR
I have my seat in the low position with Denali light control and Eastern Beaver 3CS under there I can only fit a Stop&Go flat kit.
Coiled Tow strap, ductape and steel stick fit under the rear seat.
Dusty high vibration environment under the seats.
MotionPro bead breakers are in bicycle inner tube sleeves and tie-wrapped to the right rear frame.
Tool roll and compressor in a small well-padded Pelican case on the rear rack.
No place for a tool tube as I have a Camel ADV auxiliary tank.

I also have the Camel tank and am running into the same issues. Got pictures of how you’re mounting tire tool/bad brakes and your Pelican?

Black99S

Aug 25, 2016
BC, Canada
I also have the Camel tank and am running into the same issues. Got pictures of how you’re mounting tire tool/bad brakes and your Pelican?

Attachments

• IMG_5899.jpeg
    IMG_5899.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5898.jpeg
    IMG_5898.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5896.jpeg
    IMG_5896.jpeg
    450.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5894.jpeg
    IMG_5894.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5893.jpeg
    IMG_5893.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 8

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu