SOLD [Sold] - Sacramento, CA - 2017 Honda Africa Twin DCT w/ 9025 miles

OneEarTim

Aug 16, 2017
Nor-Cal
motorcycleadventuregear.com
2017 Africa Twin DCT (Turn Key Adventure package)
For more pics CL Ad
9025 miles.
Add riding and camping gear and it’s ready for adventures.
I’ve been soo happy with this purchase. It’s brought me a TON of adventures that will be life long memories. I need two back surgeries so I need to go for a lighter bike for now.
I’m selling to go back to local trail riding. I bought a KTM 500EXC that I’ll probably turn into an ultra light Adv bike for now.

This is a DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) bike. If you don’t know what that is, it has an automatic clutch and the shifting is either automatic with multiple sport levels or you can turn it to manual and shift with buttons. It’s pretty magical and makes you look like a hero on the trails.

I bought this bike new, with the plan to check off a bucket list ride on the Trans Continental Divide trail. I spent a couple years dialing in my gear and the bike. It’s been an incredibly reliable and fun bike to own that has been a joy on numerous adventures.
My riding buddy bought a KTM 1090 and we recently rode the CABDR. His bike had a couple problems including a completely fried clutch through the 50 mile sand wash north of Yuma. My Africa Twin with the auto clutch and DCT transmission ran flawlessly for 1100 miles through some amazing country. Even to run to the local KTM shop to buy him a new clutch. ;-)

What I’ve added to the bike… ($4000 of extra goodies)
-Stiffer springs (if you weigh more than a Honda Engineer you will want stiffer springs. $260
-Motorcycle Adventure Gear machined billet pre-load knobs front and rear. $50
-Motorcycle Adventyure Gear Bar Risers with Scotts Steering Damper $560
-Oxford Heated grips $100 (Also have a brand new stock set of grips that can be included $230)
-Cycra Pro Bend Hand Gaurds $130
-Double take fold down Ram style mirrors $130 (have stock mirrors as well)
-Garmin Montana with hard wired RAM/AMP mount. $660 (Happy to load it with some good adventure tracks if you give me an idea of what kind of riding you want to do.)
-Ram X mount for cell phone $60
-Front fork seal savers (best way to not get leaky fork seals in dusty conditions) $30
-Fastway Adventure Pegs (stock pegs are embarrassingly unusable) $250
-Honda center stand (Doesn’t come stock) $240
-Tusk rear rack $75
-Power distribution system under seat. Fused circuits to power heated grips, GPS, Tank bag power, accessory 12v power. Activated with relay when key is on. No power when the key is off.
-Mosko Moto Backcountry 35L Panniers (70L pair) $650
-Custom pannier rack to fit Pannier soft Mosko bags AND aluminum hard boxes. If you want to also have hard boxes the Tusk boxes are $225-250 and will fit directly on with a quick mount dismount
-Mosko Moto Backcountry 40 Duffle $250
-Mosko Moto 4L Large MOLLE pouches (One for each Pannier $100
-Mosko Moto Nomad Tank bag with hydration pack $220

Extras
-Multiple extra oil filters
-Factory Honda Heated grips new-unused
-Tall Wind Screen (bought before riding the bike. Never needed it for the type of riding I do)

Had Roseville Honda do the 600 mile service and I’ve done all the services since.
Used Mobil Motorcycle Synthetic oil since the 600 mile service. I’ve done an oil change before each big adventure ride even though it’s recommended at 8000 miles which is mind blowing to me so I change it before big rides.

Attachments

Last edited:

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu