Some Africa Twin info from a French Website

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Ok, so here is a copy and paste from a french bike forum,
http://www.atoc-moto.com/forumm/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4140&p=101670#p101670

"So as I told you I met two representatives of Honda Europe this afternoon to talk about ATOC and the new Africa CRF1000L I asked them questions and sharing your remarks. I had excluded information by primarily the world as such information will not be disclosed until 20 or 22 July. First of all: . It will weigh less than 250 kg but more than 200. Can not give the true weight is too strategic It will cost more than 10 000 € but less than € 15,000. The still impossible to disclose the price. There will be two versions.A manual transmission with a transmission with DCT (I'll talk to you after). DCT version will cost € 1,000 more than the manual gearbox No baroudeuse version (like the Adventure BMW), but the accessories will be sold separately as bullet casings, luggage (luggage racks will be integrated to the series moto), Led fog, etc ... It will have tubeless tires and rims radius. However impossible to know if will be 19 or 21 ' It will have the standard ABS will reversoir The capacity of 20l There will be 5 colors: 3 "standarts" and 2 "Special" and among these there will be the special blue the old red white Africa we found on all models. The entire chassis (including fork) is designed for the TT. Basically I understood that it will be really tough. It is made to be versatile, it is the first Honda goal. So much for the technical information I could glean. We know all the 20 or 22 July. Little planning output: last week of July (20 or 22) : Technical data and order placement. September 18 : Start of production. The factory that will manufacture in Japan!end of October : Press trials mid-November : Presentation to the networks in late November : present concessions in early December : presentation at the show of the motorcycle."

So, looks like we will know more around July 20th/22nd. Five colors. Between 440 and 550 lbs, and priced between $11,000 and $16,000 USD. So, our speculations have been pretty close!

And, they are already ordering these in Germany.

CaptADV

Jun 30, 2015
Seattle, WA
www.reddit.com
That is inline with the F800 GSA and GS weight ranges. From the BMW website:

Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled
F800 GSA 505 lbs (229 kg)
F800 472 lbs (214 kg)

Dry weight
Permitted total weight
F800 GSA 1,001 lbs (454 kg)
F800 979 lbs (444 kg)

Payload (with standard equipment)
F800 GSA 496 lbs (225 kg)
F800 507 lbs (230 kg)

Fujiyama

Jul 3, 2015
Japan
I was disappointed to hear the rumor that MRP of MT model will be 1.7 million Japanese yen (€12,686).
It's too expensive for me.

X-MAN

May 24, 2015
Canada BC
"it will be really tough" sounds heavy lets hope not to heavy but i am realistic if you want reliable you need weight or a lot of money. I'm going to guess 110kg dry.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
We should know alot more by the end of the month.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
The English Lake District
So they havent told us anything new other than after all the smoke and mirrors its isnt even in production yet and if you live in germany you can order one for €13000!

Also this info still isnt coming via directly from honda via official comms, its all still informal.

Reactions: Admin

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu