• Welcome to africatwin.org v2.0! We're happy to have you here. We've updated the site with new code to help the overall forum experience. Please report any issues. Changes made to the forum can be seen here: Africatwin.org v2.0 updates. Thank you for being a part of africatwin.org!

The Big Ride 2018

Jul 12, 2018
USA
3 weeks ago I departed from my home in Mesa, AZ to do a big ride. Well that big ride ended up being 4,911 miles worth of riding.

I traveled through 8 states and 2 Canadian provinces. I visited numerous National Parks. I sweated, I froze, I almost got killed by motorists twice, I helped out on one motorcycle wreck, and one motorcyclist whose bike broke down. I murdered thousands of bugs. I met Superfunkomatic. And, overall...had an amazing time.

I'll try to post as many pictures (with captions) as I can. That may take some time, but here we go:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018
USA

This should look familiar.

Mexican Hat rock formation.

Made a pit stop at one of my favorite online retailers, since I was in the area.

Dinosaur National Monument. You can see the campsite in the lower right of the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 12, 2018
USA
Arrived in Vancouver and the wife met me there. Spent a couple days exploring. Of course, she found this:

Yep, she’s digging for gold. LOL

Jul 12, 2018
USA
Back on the road through Washington and Oregon, along the pacific coast.

Hmm...
Delicious cheese and other dairy products come from here!

Jul 12, 2018
USA
California Route 1 was an amazing piece of asphalt. I highly recommend it. Was too busy riding, so this is all you get. LOL

There was a little bit of varying weather conditions along the way.

Jul 12, 2018
USA
Spent the night in Lone Pine, CA. This is what I woke up to.

Then I rode through:

Dirt, rocks, dust, mountains, and crappy little scrub brush. And it was hot as balls. But not too bad. Was actually cooler than the Phoenix area.

This part was cool.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu