Throttle Lock

breynolds63

Dec 11, 2016
Frankfort, IN
Wondering what y'all are using for a throttle lock and if you like it?. I know about the kaoko but what else do ya like?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Well, I have a 2020 Honda africa twin with electronic cruise control, prior to had a 2018 Yamaha Super Tenere ES 1200 with electronic cruise control...lovin it!
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

Shadowjack

Mar 15, 2018
Great Plains
I have one of those clamp-on types that braces against the brake lever, and also a Crampbuster palm paddle. Neither is all that great; the clamp slowly slips and the paddle still has to have your hand on it, although you don't have to grip it. But I ain't paying for a Kaoko.

breynolds63

Dec 11, 2016
Frankfort, IN
I was looking at the Atlas but not sure if it's worth it. It used to be cheaper than it is now. Has it had an upgrade or ........?

breynolds63

Dec 11, 2016
Frankfort, IN
Yup...so, just treat yourself to a new one...I did
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk
I just made the last payment on this one! And I kinda like the simplicity of the older ones. (Other than the lack of CC of course).

Ernst

Sep 10, 2020
Rotterdam
I really like my Kaoko.
I find it very easy and convenient to use and sometimes also tighten it just a bit to make my hands a bit less 'eager' on the gas... Kind of difficult to explain, but if its a bit harder to turn the gas handle, you are also less like to rev the enige too much or too abruptly..
It feels like my mpg benefits from it, not sure if it really does

Reactions: cyco666

Shadowjack

Mar 15, 2018
Great Plains
I'm not actually familiar with a Kaoko, but I have had so many crappy old bikes with sticky throttle cables over the years that I will not change a bike that has a smooth, easy pull to one with more drag. If they don't drag when released, that's fine, but they seem fairly expensive for what you get.

Nacademus

Jul 23, 2020
Ohio
I have a Kaoko. Super low profile and out of the way. I considered the Atlas but not particularly happy about something chomping on my bike. I feel like that has a more finite life to it. Maybe I don't know how it works and it doesn't do that, but the teeth lead me to think otherwise.

Reactions: cyco666

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
I have had the atlas for about 2 yrs. Now it works pretty well. Used it on multiple long trips the downside is the little rubber pad dries out over time and needs to be replaced every couple years because it will start to slip slowly, it always locked and never didn't work but just started to slip slowly recently with the vibration of the bars. Luckily they are just stick on floor protectors that you would stick to the bottom of a chair or piece of furniture to keep it from scratching your floors so at least they are ubiquitous and can be had at any hardware store for pennies. All in all its recommendable but if you want simplicity and durability and longevity i would go with the kakao.

Keep the rubber side down

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: belrix

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu