• Welcome to africatwin.org v2.0! We're happy to have you here. We've updated the site with new code to help the overall forum experience. Please report any issues. Changes made to the forum can be seen here: Africatwin.org v2.0 updates. Thank you for being a part of africatwin.org!

What did you do to your bike today??

CLAYTO

Oct 3, 2017
East Yorkshire
Snapped off my right footpeg hanger on a UK TET trip in Wales. But got to the campsite & went for this fix!!

Wasn’t laughing when I found out the price of a new hanger. Ordered it from Colwyn Bay Motorcycles ( nearest dealer) at 3pm.... was there at 09.30 the next day ( great service)
Just about to order the camel footpeg brace anyone done the fit?? I managed to fit the peg without removing the exhaust header pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted my Batzen screen adjuster, 10 mins and off for a spin with it set on lowest position, works fine on that setting, I thought an extra 1" screen height might be a fix and seems like it is.
Will try different positions at the weekend to see if there's anything to be gained.

Jul 12, 2018
USA
Snapped off my right footpeg hanger on a UK TET trip in Wales. But got to the campsite & went for this fix!!

Wasn’t laughing when I found out the price of a new hanger. Ordered it from Colwyn Bay Motorcycles ( nearest dealer) at 3pm.... was there at 09.30 the next day ( great service)
Just about to order the camel footpeg brace anyone done the fit?? I managed to fit the peg without removing the exhaust header pipe.

That sucks!

But curious...how you like the Touratech brake pedal extender? I use the Altrider one. It sits to high up on the pedal and considering switching it out to the one like yours.

May 6, 2018
Idaho

This is a better foot peg than those narrow short stock pegs! Changed mine out before my first ride, pretty creative on your part!

Lee711

Mar 11, 2018
Merseyside
Fitted a Denali power hub 2,
After routing the power cables down the left side of the bike, i made a neat install into the battery box.

I then reversed the position of the 6 pin aux power plug from the pillion seat area to the rider seat area, it's the white plug, I purchased a male plug and run a feed from the switched live (red and yellow wire) to the bower hub.

I then located the power hub to the pillion seat area, fitted a permanent live run off for an optimate or to power a mini compressor.
If you connect a rated fuse between the top row and center, the feed is switched. If you connect a rated fuse between the bottom row and center, the feed is permanently live.

Really happy with the neat install and i'm now ready to start connecting equipment to it. A far better option than trying to get all the spade ends into that cramped battery box.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I cut off all those silly tabs under the seat that hold the manual, “tool kit” and helmet holder (whoever it was at Honda that thought a fuse puller constitutes a tool kit is the tool). Now I have room for a proper set, those Husky pouches at Home Depot are great tool bags.

JimInOz

Jul 28, 2018
Melbourne AU
Posted this on another forum but thought it may be of some help here too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finished my Top Box Project.

I had an old el-cheapo top box lying around from my scooter days and thought I could use it on the AT.

The plastic mount platform was originally held to the scooter rack with bolts and "W" clamps, so would be totally unsuited to the AT rack. And as we all know, the AT rack mount holes are not exactly suited to "universal" accessories.

So, first task was to get my brother to spin up some adapters to fit in the rack holes (Thanks Dave!). They were then tapped 6mmX1 thread.

Test fit, perfect result.

Next was to get a support plate for the interface between the plastic mount and the rack, luckily my mate across the road cut me a piece of 2.5mm Al alloy plate (Thanks Sean!).

I dropped the adapters in the rack holes, put a drop of super glue on the top faces and then positioned the new plate on top and aligned it with my laser level (sitting on the petrol cap). Lifted it all of and "voila!".

Then a simple task to centre punch the positions and remove the adapters with acetone, drill 4 x 6mm holes for the mounting hardware. I used 6mm stainless machine screws to fasten the adapters to the plate and extender nuts with panel washers to hold it all the the rack.

The adapters were fitted to the plate and Loctited, then the plastic platform was fastened to the plate with 6mm stainless screws and washers/locknuts.

Now it's a simple 5 minute job to drop the mounting assembly into the rack, fit the four washer/nut sets and tighten up. The extender nuts make it much easier to put on and screw up rather than little standard nuts.

I was going to paint the plate black, but unless you're lying on the ground, or three years old, it's not really visible.

And a shot of the finished product (perspective makes it look bigger than it really is).

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu