• Welcome to africatwin.org v2.0! We're happy to have you here. We've updated the site with new code to help the overall forum experience. Please report any issues. Changes made to the forum can be seen here: Africatwin.org v2.0 updates. Thank you for being a part of africatwin.org!

What did you do to your bike today??

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Managed to get stuck in a rut in Southeastern Nebraska a couple days ago!

I forget to take a picture but here is one with my foot in the rut. There Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR's thrown more dirt than you'd think. I'm liking these tires. :)

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

egary1974

Sep 5, 2017
Arkansas
Managed to get stuck in a rut in Southeastern Nebraska a couple days ago!

I forget to take a picture but here is one with my foot in the rut. There Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR's thrown more dirt than you'd think. I'm liking these tires. :)

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
ugh, that hole with a little bit of mud would be impossible. get tired just looking at it.

egary1974

Sep 5, 2017
Arkansas
changed the oil. used 10-30 mobile one. went almost 8000 on the DCT like the manual said. I don't think I will go over 5 or 6k miles between oil changes again. the gear changes where sounding a little rough. I think I sheared the oil. 8000 is too far between oil changeI I don't care what the book says. Im only a 10000 mile a year rider anyway so that's only two changes a year. I can handle that.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
You’ll never hurt an engine by changing oil too often, but can destroy one by not changing often enough.

changed the oil. used 10-30 mobile one. went almost 8000 on the DCT like the manual said. I don't think I will go over 5 or 6k miles between oil changes again. the gear changes where sounding a little rough. I think I sheared the oil. 8000 is too far between oil changeI I don't care what the book says. Im only a 10000 mile a year rider anyway so that's only two changes a year. I can handle that.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I crashed the AT again... need another left body panel and hand guard. Guess that’s the price for riding a fully loaded ADV bike up a knarly Jeep trail. LaSal Pass into Moab was a cinch In comparison.

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Dang! We're you able to ride it out?

Honda plastic ain't cheap
I crashed the AT again... need another left body panel and hand guard. Guess that’s the price for riding a fully loaded ADV bike up a knarly Jeep trail. LaSal Pass into Moab was a cinch In comparison.
Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Yea, crashed on day one of what was supposed to be a ten day Utah Back Country Discovery Route ride, my buddy had a medical condition that cut it short. Both of us made it home safely. Moab to So Cal non-stop is a B.

Dang! We're you able to ride it out?

Honda plastic ain't cheap

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

egary1974

Sep 5, 2017
Arkansas
that's a lot of riding! Im at 8,000 in about 15 months. no commuting. all punishing recreation in the Ouachita and Ozark mountains and the highways to get there.

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Went out and played in the mud!

KIMG0422.JPG KIMG0418_01.JPG

First time riding in this heavy of mud, I only feel once at the very end! :)

The Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR's did pretty good pushing the bike through, did have to spin the tire fairly fast in a few places

Glad I raised the front fender!

KIMG0425.JPG

Last edited:

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu