• Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all riders and readers! Thank you for being a part of the online community and big thanks to @Graves for his effort on this forum. -africatwin.org team

What did you do to your bike today??

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Thanks Graves!

I didn't set any speed records, but stuck with it and made it through. I'm trying to push myself to ride more difficult roads...can't improve if I don't practice!

:)

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
It's always good to push yourself, you discover that you can make it over that...

Thanks Graves!

I didn't set any speed records, but stuck with it and made it through. I'm trying to push myself to ride more difficult roads...can't improve if I don't practice!

:)

Jul 12, 2018
USA
how do you like the cb1100? its a really great looking bike. I like the looks of these a lot. it would be great to have a new modern one with the reliability of one of the big manufacturers.
I love it. It's a really fun bike to ride, and to look at. :p And, it is the only bike I have ever purchased twice. I had the 2013 version also (always regretted getting rid of it).

egary1974

Sep 5, 2017
Arkansas
I took apart the throttle housing and pulled off the throttle tube cleaned it, greased it some and put it back together. Difficult to twist throttle after falling in mud yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davy F

Jul 28, 2015
Northern Ireland
Was woken up early today by hailstones banging off the bedroom windows but still went out for a spin in brilliant autum sunshine later in the day. Came home foundered after 40 miles. Bloody baltic, the heated grips are crap and that’s it for this year. A deep clean tomorrow and tuck it away for the next five months. I remember how I used to ride all through the winter, but these days, not a chance.

Lee711

Mar 11, 2018
Merseyside
Installed a set of Denali 2.0 D2 Trioptic LED lights on the dedicated Africa twin bracket. Plenty bright enough, almost a perfect match alongside the main headlight. Not cheap but they are a quality, well made product that have an adjustable spread pattern with an set of E marked filters, so can be used on the road legally in conjunction with the headlight.

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Placed an emergency order for a set of rear brake pads. :eek:

Thought I could make 16,000 miles but I was wrong. Will post a pic in the maintenance section when I get them replaced.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
16K? I think I did mine at 8.

I’m in the middle of repairing my latest crash damage. Radiator is straightened out, new inner shroud, air box cleaned out... going to install K&N’s, new chain and sprockets, hand guard mount and maybe cut the exhaust tips. Thinking about some Outback Mototek crash bars (mids and lowers).

61FF9E64-4C04-4181-930B-288F35771DE5.jpeg

Placed an emergency order for a set of rear brake pads. :eek:

Thought I could make 16,000 miles but I was wrong. Will post a pic in the maintenance section when I get them replaced.

Last edited:

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu