• Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to all riders and readers! Thank you for being a part of the online community and big thanks to @Graves for his effort on this forum. -africatwin.org team

What did you do to your bike today??

belrix

africatwin.org gold
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Left it in the garage because I didn't want to ride to work in the rain. I'm sure it is feeling sad because it LOVES splashing though puddles!

manuelalberto

Oct 1, 2017
London
After having a little accident in Spain back in June I haven’t been able to use the bike due to little damage and my shoulder that was injured.
I have ordered the parts and have today replaced everything that was damage to my disappointment the hand guards didn’t come with the holding brackets and I wasn’t made aware that they needed to be ordered separately. Also the gear shifter didn’t come with the round rubber at the end and I had to use the old one that wasn’t easy to remove. Any way after spending the Friday removing and repairing the bike it looks like new again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egary1974

Sep 5, 2017
Arkansas
After having a little accident in Spain back in June I haven’t been able to use the bike due to little damage and my shoulder that was injured.
I have ordered the parts and have today replaced everything that was damage to my disappointment the hand guards didn’t come with the holding brackets and I wasn’t made aware that they needed to be ordered separately. Also the gear shifter didn’t come with the round rubber at the end and I had to use the old one that wasn’t easy to remove. Any way after spending the Friday removing and repairing the bike it looks like new again.

Good work!

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
I swapped my guards out for the BarkBusters. They look great and feel very strong.

I'd recommend them if the budget will stretch - the OEM guards just feel way too flimsy to me.

Just check your fitting and make sure your throttle returns smoothly with no binding. 👍

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
UK media is reporting healthy numbers turning out.

Good to see whatever way you're politically inclined. 👍

manuelalberto

Oct 1, 2017
London
Thank you. I should look for a part time mechanic for bikes lol

I have to replace the bracket where the sat nav goes, the fairing on the right had side and the black trim next to it, I have taken the hand guards off as I got the new ones didn’t come with the brackets so couldn’t fit them back but I want to order the metal ones but not available until January. I have aslo replaced the gear level and the clutch level. I also want to replace the screen as to much air gets from the openings of the original one. I’ve done all this in about 5 hours.

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
I love the idea you might actually keep a pet pelican in there :)

Looks like a good chunky mount.

kristofh

africatwin.org gold
Feb 8, 2016
Belgium
Awesome! But I need details. :)

I've been looking to replace my tired tail bag with a case and I REALLY like the looks of your solution!

Details?
Here are the details
It is a pelican storm case, model : IM2075, mounted on a SW-Motech rack.
I had an old tankbag from sw motech in the attic, I only used the adapters.
That’s all, for me it works just fine.
if you want I can post extra photos

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu