• Wishing everyone a happy new year! May 2019 bring you tons of happiness and riding time.

What did you do to your bike today??

Nov 3, 2018
Oregon
Not a problem for me and my Wing, but the AT Adventure sport and its high center of gravity was a challenge. Glad you were able to pick it up, and it might have been my compromised footing that was part of the problem, but it is clearly something I will have to work out. I suppose that if push comes to shove (no pun intended) i can always carry an Eastbound winch, but that is certainly not a first choice.

Squily

Feb 23, 2016
Esperance Western Australia
Went for a bit of a ride yesterday. Cascade falls were dry, apart from saline pools left over. Other places were a bit wetter. 36C out

Note to self: when the waterlevel starts rising above the high fender of the Africa Twin, then it will be too deep for your mate following on the Varadero.... At least the plugs are relatively easy to get to to 'unlock' the motor and get all the water out of engine LOL

ak864

Dec 8, 2018
USA
Installed the 12v accessory socket yesterday. I had to loosen the Heed Bunker bars to remove the middle cowls. Rather a chore, but good practice.

Nov 3, 2018
Oregon
Had my seat on my Adventure Sport remade to fit my 200 lb American butt. Lowered almost an inch in the back, almost 3" wider, and narrower in the front. Allows me to have a full flat foot on the ground, and very comfortable and supportive. New Seat.jpg

Swen13

Aug 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Because the next official maintenance by Honda is still 4000 miles away for my bike, I change the air filters today at exactly 12.000 miles (19.200Km).
It was really about time, however there was ZERO dust behind the air filters :)

Guess in future I will change them every 8000 miles (especially when I do a lot of desert tours during this time). This would be right in between the regular Honda service interval for the air filter change. I rode quite often in the sand and sometimes in larger groups where I never rode in first position, for that I am super happy with how the filters looked like (I better don't think how my lungs looked like, after these group rides. :rolleyes::p)

Conclusion: For regular street use and only sometimes a few gravel roads the normal Honda service intervals look very reasonable to me and the airbox is sealed perfectly. Good job Honda :cool: AirFilter-1800px.jpg

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I added a SW Motech skid plate to my Bunker Busters. A bit of modification to the skid plate was required and I still need to do some welding on it (not required to fit with the Heed bars, just personal preference), but the combo looks like real good protection. I really do like the look of the Heed bars and how solid they are... crash test forthcoming.

I installed the Heed Bunker Bars and NP Boosted foot pegs. The crash bars are really well made and installed without issue.

May 6, 2018
Idaho
Found a set of wheels with new Cont TKC 80’s for a good price, they’re real clean. Going to use the “new” wheels for 80/20 tires and my thrashed wheels for knobs.
Been searching for wheels as well, not much luck so far. I did see some on Ebay which I no longer buy from due to getting burned a few times.

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Keep at it, you’ll find some. I check Craig’s List every couple days, saw them Saturday night, early Sunday morning they were in my hands. Now I’d like to find some rotors... they’re going to cost more than the wheels did.

Been searching for wheels as well, not much luck so far. I did see some on Ebay which I no longer buy from due to getting burned a few times.

May 6, 2018
Idaho
Keep at it, you’ll find some. I check Craig’s List every couple days, saw them Saturday night, early Sunday morning they were in my hands. Now I’d like to find some rotors... they’re going to cost more than the wheels did.
Yeah, I need to check a place here call Recycled Cycles tomorrow , he's got a lot of resources. As far as the rotors go, your probably right, $$

May 6, 2018
Idaho
Hey Graves, if you don't mind telling me, what did you give for the wheels?

Graves

Staff member
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
The wheels, Heed bars, SW Motech skid plate... all since the first of the year and not a peep from the wife, I think she needs a new handbag.

I'm almost embarrassed to say... $660 for the set... including the new Cont TKC80's.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu